• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In the time I've been watching England, I don't think any player really stands out as having been significantly better than Broad. He's on a par with Anderson, KP, Cook, Swann and Prior, at the least, in the last 15 years IMO.
None have won more matches either. He has probably been average for more tests than those others but yeah he is right up there.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Erm, twas dead once AB went.

NDid you back England for the series, tipped 3/1 BET365 with you a few weeks ago.
I always listen to you Niall, but hedged after the first test.

Man even in slow motion that catch looks difficult.

Spark

Global Moderator
The fact they can earn so much more money playing elsewhere doesn't help either.
Mm, that doesn't really explain Philander though, plus that's been the case throughout the time SA have been clear #1. That's a serious external pressure, but I think this is more internal.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Broad has gone to the next level after his spell against the Kiwis when they successfully defended 220 or so and bowled them out for 70-odd in 2013.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This has been amazing even by Broad God mode standards.
Mitch has retired, but before then we had a good set of fast bowlers who could just be "on" and **** teams up - Mitch, Broad, Steyn could have destructive sessions. Was a pretty good period for fast bowling.

OverratedSanity

Really wonder just how much that whole thing re: the WC semi-final session has damaged team morale.
The fact they can earn so much more money playing elsewhere doesn't help either.
Have a hard time buying that you need any more motivation to play at your best than when you're defending your no. 1 ranking. The team has simply declined like all very good teams do. It's been rather quick though, admittedly.

flibbertyjibber

Mm, that doesn't really explain Philander though, plus that's been the case throughout the time SA have been clear #1. That's a serious external pressure, but I think this is more internal.
Yeah, but they aren't number 1 now and they all getting older. Can earn their pension money etc without the hassle of the pressure. All combines doesn't it.