• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

cnerd123

likes this
Seriously, what percentage of test matches have this mythical perfect pitch? Gotta be less than 10%.
Nah according to social and Bahnz:

Seam and swing on day 1 = good
Flat on day 1 = good
Spin on day 1 = bad
Game ending in 3 days = automaticaly bad (ignore the actual quality of batting and bowling on show. Its clearly the pitch's fault and the pitch's fault only)

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There are very few pitches in the world that are better to bat on on day 5 than, say, Day 2 and that includes Australia
Basin Reserve flattens out into a complete McRoad after providing plenty of help to the quicks on day 1 and 2. Joburg is the same. I'm sure there are several other examples aa well.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok Indian fans, stop getting riled up.

Given the scorecards and collapses during this series, talk about the pitch is inevitable especially with twitter and social media these days, everyone is going to have an opinion.

Before I get attacked, I am not taking any sides, just saying the pitch talk is going to be inevitable this series, given the way the series has progressed.

indiaholic

International Captain
Haha good on Elgar for sticking with his slog sweep.. Especially after Ashwin's taunt about this not being Joburg

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah according to social and Bahnz:

Seam and swing on day 1 = good
Flat on day 1 = good
Spin on day 1 = bad
Game ending in 3 days = automaticaly bad (ignore the actual quality of batting and bowling on show. Its clearly the pitch's fault and the pitch's fault only)
Yeah I don't why you wouldn't enjoy batsman looking like scrubs every once in a while. Get over it.

Burner

International Regular
I like how the people defending ridiculously swinging and seaming wickets always jump onto the 'pitches get better' straw. How the **** doe that make a difference? You could argue that the toss is the unfair factor in those matches. When you get all out for 47 on the first day, no amount of the pitch getting better is going to help you. Because everytime the opposition bats, they get 'better' conditions than you do. Here atleast everybody gets the same conditions.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I don't why you wouldn't enjoy batsman looking like scrubs every once in a while. Get over it.
I don't mind batsman looking like scrubs every once in a while.

It's when the bowlers concerned are Elgar (poor man's version of Border with the ball) and a downhill skier like Jadeja that I have a problem

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't mind batsman looking like scrubs every once in a while.

It's when the bowlers concerned are Elgar (poor man's version of Border with the ball) and a downhill skier like Jadeja that I have a problem
LOL, Jadeja took wickets in every game against Australia back in 2013, are you honestly telling me it was because all those pitches were terrible pitches?