• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia 2015

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Outside of some Under 19 experience in Sri Lanka, Bancroft’s only taste of subcontinental conditions came during Australia A’s tour of India. The 22-year-old starred with the bat, amassing 244 runs at an average of 74.66 over the two four-day matches in tough conditions in Chennai. No player from either side scored more runs, with Bancroft making the only century of the series, a sparkling 150 during Australia A’s win in the second match.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Although he's been picked off in the last couple of overs, Bracewell's length while I've been watching has been very good and he deserved his figures of (something like) 1/3 off his first 7 overs. Henry's length has been more variable and there've been quite a few freebies like that half tracker Khawaja hit for four last over. Not much zip but it's a flat wicket obviously.

So honours to Bracewell so far.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Although he's been picked off in the last couple of overs, Bracewell's length while I've been watching has been very good and he deserved his figures of (something like) 1/3 off his first 7 overs. Henry's length has been more variable and there've been quite a few freebies like that half tracker Khawaja hit for four last over. Not much zip but it's a flat wicket obviously.

So honours to Bracewell so far.
I am not watching, but Doug has become a cerebral bowler in the last 6 months. Henry bowls with his heart and will be more erratic/inconsistent.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I am not watching, but Doug has become a cerebral bowler in the last 6 months. Henry bowls with his heart and will be more erratic/inconsistent.
Really? I would like this to be true.

Meanwhile Henry's accuracy is getting worse and like the series against England, I can't work out what he's trying to achieve with his allsorts at times.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Really? I would like this to be true.
I think he has evaluated things and he sees that nobody is putting their hand up to be third seamer. He has had a long hard think about what a third seamer is and he is trying to fill those shoes. While Henry is just trying to bowl the best he can. Big difference.

Bracewell's new leaf reminds me of Martin Sneddon in his later years. Just wish that he woulndn't over step. He still hasn't fixed his problem.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Tightly regimented and somewhat uneventful bowling in Potchefstroom and Canberra fits in quite well with Dougeh's new "straight as six o'clock, gunbarrel straight" Bracewell persona, I'll give him that much.

Kiwi fans will be hoping for a lot more penetration in the next warm-up game, at Rooty Hill. /benchmark00

Flem274*

123/5
so some wickets would be good.

haven't watched a ball. is matt henry continuing his "gonna not do any of the things that got me here like swing or bowl six balls an over in good areas" thing?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
haven't watched a ball. is matt henry continuing his "gonna not do any of the things that got me here like swing or bowl six balls an over in good areas" thing?
Yeah although I always knew the swing with Henry was going to be that sort of capricious Ben Wheeler swing, ftr. The wobble in the seam orbit never looked like 'six out of six' swing bowling material to me, Duke ball spells aside.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So Burns opens at Brisbane?
Pretty much, three 50s (however scratchy) at the end of the Matador Cup and a ton here has pretty much killed Bancroft's chance given S.Darsh is always going to play and block Burns from the middle order.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
First Test, first innings most runs current betting on Sportsbet. Absolutely insane that Fekete is at shorted odds then Mitch Starc and Johnson. Fekete is ordinary with the bat, your classic number 10 or 11.

Steve Smith 3.00 David Warner 3.75 Shaun Marsh 5.00
Usman Khawaja 5.50 Joe Burns 6.00 Glenn Maxwell 9.00
Adam Voges 9.00 Cameron Bancroft 10.00 Peter Nevill 11.00
Mitchell Marsh 15.00 James Faulkner 26.00 Andrew Fekete 101.00
Mitchell Starc 151.00 Nathan Lyon 151.00 Peter Siddle 151.00
Steve O'Keefe 151.00 Mitchell Johnson 276.00
Johnson and Starc have been slashed into 67.00 - Obviously don't want either to top score for the teams sake, but those odds were just too juicy to pass up.

Flem274*

123/5
nah this series will end the same way as every other series - mark craig taking a match winning haul after being smoked in the first test and the opposition fans being disgusted with their batsmen for getting out to a bloke with a poor average.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
nah this series will end the same way as every other series - mark craig taking a match winning haul after being smoked in the first test and the opposition fans being disgusted with their batsmen for getting out to a bloke with a poor average.
Hopefully if he just gets smoked in all the warm-up matches he can take match winning hauls in all the tests.