• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Trent Bridge

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah I can understand the teams frustration, but I still think it was the right decision from a playing perspective.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
The selectors made the right call but took advantage of getting a free look at Nev. Totally understandable that some are pissed off. If the players let that affect them enough to influence performance then that's very poor from professionals.

The selectors were in a bad spot when they backed Haddin for Cardiff and it went wrong. Had Nev been given a debut earlier, like the WI, then who knows.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Howardj will be happy there's a cricinfo article calling for Steve Magoffin's selection.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Any word on Voges being out? I hate that Darsh is next in line but Voges looks incapable of scoring.

adub

International Captain
Any word on Voges being out? I hate that Darsh is next in line but Voges looks incapable of scoring.
I honestly would have thought that was a no brainer. Superb debut, but hasn't looked like troubling the English and 2-1 down he should be out of credit.

The Siddle talk though sounds like panic to me. Triply so if they are talking about dropping the bloke who is the series leading wicket taker with easily the best average amongst the Aussies to make way for him.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
I honestly would have thought that was a no brainer. Superb debut, but hasn't looked like troubling the English and 2-1 down he should be out of credit.

The Siddle talk though sounds like panic to me. Triply so if they are talking about dropping the bloke who is the series leading wicket taker with easily the best average amongst the Aussies to make way for him.
Siddle just doesn't fit into the attack.

Honestly can't see why anyone would not want SMarsh to play instead of Voges, who has been found out.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Because Marsh is rubbish.
strong username :mellow:

Look I'm not a big fan of SMarsh as a player but how much more does he have to do to warrant a spot in the team, especially when we've not really got any vastly superior batsmen as reserves?

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
nah f off Siddle. Have a bet with a mate that he won't play an Ashes test. Don't do this to me Australia.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Siddle selection hype is a bit surprising. Look, he's not the devil, but if they think Starc is fit to go, and I didn't think he would be, but he seems he will be, why would you drop Haze for Siddle?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think that Lyth shouldn't be written off just yet.

The mechanics of his defence isn't bad. I think there is something to build upon.

His future in the team is based at this point on three factors.

1) How smart is his. Can he make the necessary adjustments to his approach.
2) How good the coaching staff is. Everyone needs help from time to time and he needs some sage advice.
3) How much grit he has. Alistair Cook has grit. This Lyth chap must learn to fight both for his country and himself.

I think I have seen enough to think he could improve maybe and would like to see him finish the series no matter what.