• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Meridio

International Regular
I know we probably shouldn't complain because our tail did the exact same thing, but FMD why can we not wrap up the tail? It's like we just abandon bowling properly and decide that a random collection of short **** is the way to get the final wickets. Maybe if we had Milne that could work, but we don't, so bowl full around off stump like we normally do and watch the wickets fall.

Now, dear batsmen: please don't collapse. Is it too much to ask for a good third innings score?

Flem274*

123/5
I know we probably shouldn't complain because our tail did the exact same thing, but FMD why can we not wrap up the tail? It's like we just abandon bowling properly and decide that a random collection of short **** is the way to get the final wickets. Maybe if we had Milne that could work, but we don't, so bowl full around off stump like we normally do and watch the wickets fall.

Now, dear batsmen: please don't collapse. Is it too much to ask for a good third innings score?
Probably

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
"hey we just got three quick wickets with good length swing bowling. I wonder what happens when we bowl only at the middle of the pitch or on leg stump"

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Only way to explain all these swing bowlers getting picked at third change and suddenly getting a mid pitch fetish. Plus I think it's been mentioned once or twice by mchesson
Well to date I just assumed Dougeh had a hard time controlling length or thought it was more manly to bowl back of a length, but you're probably right that it's the team plan. The argument is no doubt variety but we don't need that sort of variety, especially on pitches that aren't very quick.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So I guess the 'bowl good lines to top order batsmen and get in a good position but piss it away by bowling tripe to the tail' strategy is not exclusive to Dhoni. Good to know.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
As soon as Broad started clubbing a couple I had to step out for a half hour, as I knew a blood boiling arsey tail-wag was on the way. Disappointing that we frittered away a handy lead, but I'd still have probably taken bowling England out for 350 at the start of the day.

Zinzan

As soon as Broad started clubbing a couple I had to step out for a half hour, as I knew a blood boiling arsey tail-wag was on the way. Disappointing that we frittered away a handy lead, but I'd still have probably taken bowling England out for 350 at the start of the day.

Yup. I don't claim to be superstitious, but that felt predictable.

morgieb

Fun session. Very important that New Zealand survived those four overs and they did so very well. Gonna be a great day.