• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AB de Villiers now the one and only "AB"

viriya

International Captain
AB was already among the greatest Test batsmen from SA - it feels like his ability to have a go in ODIs makes people underestimate his Test credentials... His record is impeccable.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
The posts are too long in that thread.
Point is that AB's test qualities are more impressive given how hard he's worked to become an ODI great as well. If he'd not bothered practicing reverse lap shots and the like he could theoretically have been an even better test player. So even if you don't care for ODI's, you shouldn't punish him for being really good at them.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
I wonder how much time he spends practising. A lot of his shots he just seems make up as he goes along, e.g. leg-stump yorker belted over backward square leg.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He just has to be the most naturally gifted sportsman to have played cricket, at least in my time of watching it. I think Bob Woolmer has stories of Herschelle Gibbs just being so good at any sport he tried to play... Maybe ABDV is showing us what Herschelle could have been had he had more application.. I remember Jonty being an ace hockey player too.. And Fanie De Villiers being a good Javelin thrower.. These saffies are super talented sportsmen..

Cruxdude

International Debutant
How the hell does that guy play the shots he does. Scooping sixes over fine leg for fun, sweeping fast bowlers for sixes, reverse sweeping them when bored... He is just not human. Just ban him from cricket already.

andmark

International Captain
Were they giving "x amount of money" to charity for each boundary. If they were, they chose a phenomenally good day for it