• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phillip Hughes CW support banner at Melbourne and Sydney Test match

Where should the left over money be donated?

• Other (Please List)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Shouldn't it be coming over here for this summer's Ashes before going back to Aus for next winter's home series and so on and so forth ad infinitum?
The Phillip Hughes one will Fred, it's the Sean Abbott one we're not sure what best to do with now.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Phillip Hughes one will Fred, it's the Sean Abbott one we're not sure what best to do with now.
I see, should have read the whole thread :)

Still think it would be good to keep them together though, even if the Abbott one doesn't see the light of day again

James

Cricket Web Owner

Last one was from where I was actually sitting which was miles away from the flag so it didn't come out the best.

Have been away so only just saw this, top work Adders! Awesome that you managed it! The authorities allowed it to stay up the whole day?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member

Arrived today, and they look fantastic. Hopefully the SCG won't get too upset when I put them up!

EDIT: Finally got them working

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
They're showing for me but they're super big images (filesize wise). Just give it a while to load :)

Good luck on the day Dan!

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
The authorities allowed it to stay up the whole day?
Only just saw this James...........yep, no bother at the G at all. Security didn't bat an eyelid at them whilst searching my bag going into the ground. Don't expect Dan to have any bother at the SCG either..........they're just ****s at the GABBA and are well known for having over zealous ****wits on security.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Only just saw this James...........yep, no bother at the G at all. Security didn't bat an eyelid at them whilst searching my bag going into the ground. Don't expect Dan to have any bother at the SCG either..........they're just ****s at the GABBA and are well known for having over zealous ****wits on security.
That's good to know. Cheers.

Unfortunately no news agency contacted me wanting to take up our story but great that we didn't have a problem at the G.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Banner up -- third tier, down at long off. Hopefully the wide shot might just catch it.

Jono to upload photos later.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just to the right of the big screen Dan? Can see it if so, though not quite clear enough to make out what's on it so far.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Still waiting on that **** Jono to email me the pix.

In the interim, what's the plan with the flags? Where/to whom am I sending them on?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit. forgot.

Okay will do it tonight fo sho.

James

Cricket Web Owner
In the interim, what's the plan with the flags? Where/to whom am I sending them on?
Thanks Dan. I've pinged Adders who is coordinating all of this. He'll let you know.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit. forgot.

Okay will do it tonight fo sho.
Thanks Jono, that would be great.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey Guy's,

So we need to make a decision between us as to what happens next. With the Sean Abbott flag as we've already discussed, I'm really not sure what we should do with it? It seems pointless to me moving it around with the Hughes flag when we're not going to display it.........so maybe we should just get it to James for the time being until we decide?

As for the Phillip Hughes one, I reckon we can definitely get it over to the UK later this year for the Ashes, but we have got a World Cup before that...........should we keep this to test only or do you think we should try and get it around some WC games? I'm going to the Eng/Aus game at the G so would be happy to put it up there if everyone wants and it would be pretty cool if we could get it to some games in NZ.

The other consideration when we do look at sending it over to the UK is the cost of postage. So far myself and howardj have had to post it interstate which has been fine and neither of us were concerned about covering the cost as it was bugger all. Once it comes time to send it overseas though the costs are going to be such it would be unfair to expect whoever is currently in possession of it to foot the bill. I can't recall how much but we do have a surplus kitty from the donations which we we're going to donate to a suitable charity.............what do we all feel about James holding onto that cash to cover the costs of sending the flag to England and back, and potentially any other international travel it possibly could encounter?

I do have plans to visit the UK at the end of Jun (not for cricket sadly) so it is possible I could take it over and save us the postage but the trip isn't confirmed yet (90% definite though at this stage)

As always, all input, thoughts and comments welcome...........we all own this.