• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** West Indies in South Africa 2014/15

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Ok haven't been watching this match for a while. Be interesting to see if the ball reverses in another 10-15 overs. Something that Steyn really can exploit. Also Morkel's bowled better than his figures have suggested.

Run rate pretty high, kinda given since it was Samuels and Johnson at the crease.

Niall

International Coach
Looked utterly ****e for 90% of the innings tbh.
Agreed.

35 tests, an average of 24, the dude is a tried and tested failure.

People laugh at Pakistan for going back to the likes of Farhat, Kamran, this is much worse.

SeamUp

International Coach
Great to see Piedt and Harmer grabbing their opportunity on their debuts to get them runs in the team if fit.

The frustrations of Tahir and Robbie P are hopefully things of the past now.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Agreed.

35 tests, an average of 24, the dude is a tried and tested failure.

People laugh at Pakistan for going back to the likes of Farhat, Kamran, this is much worse.
Who else do they pick to open when their other options are all ruled out?

What happened to Adrian Barath? Kid looked good against Australia (#ThereforeHeMustBeGood)

SeamUp

International Coach
Since isolation our test spinners - Been a frustrating time with Adams being the pick. Symcox, Boje and Henderson I liked on occasions.

Omar Henry
Clive Eksteen
Pat Symcox
Paul Adams
Nicky Boje
Claude Henderson
Robin Peterson
Johan Botha
Paul Harris
Imran Tahir

Niall

International Coach
Who else do they pick to open when their other options are all ruled out?

What happened to Adrian Barath? Kid looked good against Australia (#ThereforeHeMustBeGood)
Fair point. With Powell missing and Gayle not arsed/injured, I suppose they have to crawl back to him, but still ****ing hell, its pretty bleak he is getting another chance.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What the hell is with last balls and first balls of a session, Windies?! Was looking forward to a hundred by Shiv :(

Stapel

International Regular
Since isolation our test spinners - Been a frustrating time with Adams being the pick. Symcox, Boje and Henderson I liked on occasions.

Omar Henry
Clive Eksteen
Pat Symcox
Paul Adams
Nicky Boje
Claude Henderson
Robin Peterson
Johan Botha
Paul Harris
Imran Tahir
I've always thought Botha was underrated. Not that he was a proper spinner a test level, but possibly better than those who were picked ahead of him.

SeamUp

International Coach
I've always thought Botha was underrated. Not that he was a proper spinner a test level, but possibly better than those who were picked ahead of him.
Always a tough one. I wanted him to play badly at one stage before he got his test debut in Aus but I think his 'action issues' held him back and his general style of spin was always more suited to the limited overs formats.

Last edited:

Stapel

International Regular
Always a tough one. I wanted him to play badly at one stage before he got his test debut in Aus but I think his 'action issues' held him back and his general style of spin was always more suited to the limited overs formats.
TBH, I think the argument "more suited to limited overs format" is always a flawed argument. Thought I have to admit I use it quite often myself. The point is: was he more useful than Paul Harris in tests? My guess is that they were quite even, and Botha was just unfortunate that his ability to bat was never needed to be addressed, given SA's top batting line-up.