• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trading Game Version 2

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Before[HR][/HR]After[HR][/HR]

1. Murali Vijay
  2. Cheteshwar Pujara
  3. Ajinkya Rahane
  4. Virat Kohli
  5. Rohit Sharma
  6. MS Dhoni (c) (wk)
  7. Ravindra Jadeja (5)
  8. Ravichandran Ashwin (4)
  9. Bhuvneshwar Kumar (1)
  10. Umesh Yadav (2)
  11. Ishant Sharma (3)
    ---
  12. Manoj Tiwary
  13. Wriddhiman Saha
  14. Mohammed Shami
  15. Shikhar Dhawan

1. Chris Gayle
  2. Murali Vijay
  3. Cheteshwar Pujara
  4. Virat Kohli
  5. Ajinkya Rahane
  6. Rohit Sharma
  7. MS Dhoni (wk) (c)
  8. Ravichandran Ashwin (4)
  9. Bhuvneshwar Kumar (2)
  10. Neil Wagner (3)
  11. Kemar Roach (1)
    ---
  12. Shikhar Dhawan
  13. Ravindra Jadeja
  14. Wriddhiman Saha
  15. Umesh Yadav

Traded Out

1. Pragyan Ojha to Dan
2. Manoj Tiwary, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami, Naman Ojha, Akshar Patel, Lokesh Rahul, Abhinav Mukund to Hurricane

Traded In

1. Neil Wagner from Dan
2. Chris Gayle, Kemar Roach from Hurricane

I'm happy with this side - can win a series in Australia.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fairly large improvement here.
3/4/5/6 are all large step ups and Foster is hardly going to disgrace Zimbabwe. The attack is pretty ****, but it's better than the one Zimbabwe have contrived to give themselves.
Foster batting at 8 is perfect. Plus, he's a vastly superior keeper to Taylor who had the gloves in the first XI before. Raza and Shingi are decent enough players, but they don't have a long track record behind them. I would have been very keen to find a deal to bring in an alternative opener, but alas, it wasn't to be. If I was feel very bitz and pieces minded, I'd bring in Sean Williams for Viljoen I think.

Riggins

International Captain
Obviously too late now, but I can't help thinking that KP should have been considered the same as the Zimbo 'trade only' players, in that there's no way he'd be playing for England but no reason why he couldn't play elsewhere.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan Starting
Mohammad Hafeez
Ahmed Shahzad
Azhar Ali
Younis Khan
Misbah
Asad Shafiq
Sarfraz Ahmed
Yasir Shah
Saeed Ajmal
Rahat Ali
Junaid Khan

Fawad Alam
Umar Akmal
Eshan Adil
Imran Khan

Finishing

Hafeez
Shehzad
Azhar
Younis
Misbah
Shafiq
Sarfraz
Ajmal
Yasir
Sayers
Junaid

Fawad Alam
Ronchi
Rahat
Hamza

South Africa

Starting

1. Dean Elgar
2. Alviro Petersen
3. Hashim Amla
4. Faf du Plessis
5. AB de Villiers
6. JP Duminy
7. Quinton de Kock
8. Vernon Philander
9. Kyle Abbott
10. Dale Steyn
11. Morne Morkel

12. Ryan McLaren
13. Robin Peterseon
14. Stiaan van Zyl
15. Rory Kleinveldt

Finishing

1. Cook
2. Amla
3. Faf
4. AB
5. Duminy
6. De Kock
7. Woakes
8. Philander
9. Steyn
10. Bird
11. Ojha

12. Kyle Jarvis
13. Robin Peterson
14. Dean Brownlie
15. Adam Milne

I will message PEWS to kindly step in for his evaluation

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Before[HR][/HR]After[HR][/HR]

• Dean Elgar
  • Alviro Petersen
  • Hashim Amla
  • Faf du Plessis
  • AB de Villiers
  • JP Duminy (5)
  • Quinton de Kock
  • Vernon Philander (2)
  • Dale Steyn (1)
  • Kyle Abbott (4)
  • Morne Morkel (3)
    ---
  • Ryan McLaren
  • Robin Peterson
  • Stiaan van Zyl
  • Rory Kleinveldt

• Alastair Cook
  • Dean Brownlie
  • Hashim Amla
  • Faf du Plessis
  • AB de Villiers
  • JP Duminy (5)
  • Quinton de Kock
  • Vernon Philander (1)
  • Dale Styen (3)
  • Jackson Bird (2)
  • Pragyan Ojha (4)
    ---
  • Chris Woakes
  • Kyle Jarvis
  • Robin Peterson
  • Adam Milne

Trades in

1. Cook and Woakes
2. Ojha
3. Bird
4. Milne, Brownlie and Jarvis
(7)

Trades out
1. Morkel and Abbott
2. Rossouw, de Lange, Simon Harmer and Hardus Viljoen
3. Elgar, Parnell, McLaren and Piedt4. Van Zyl
(11)

Reasonably happy with that I guess. Two biggest weaknesses I identified were opening and the absence of the spinner, which I feel I have dealt with adequately enough. Despite his recent struggles Cook is still an immense player, who has scored mass runs all over the world. Brownlie isn't exactly amazing, but he's probably better than current form Virus, and even if he wasn't, the Cook > Elgar is more significant than any potential Virus > Brownlie - despite, as Dogwalker suggested, the best efforts of the touring West Indies to apply stat padding. He has a test ton in SA too, so has shown he can adapt to his new home conditions reasonably well. The bowling I feel has got stronger overall. In comes a seamer with an immense first class record who has shown great promise in the few tests he's played, and has only been denied additional ones due to injury issues. And in Ojha we have a proven spinner in Asia. Only issue for me is the potential balance of the seam attack. While I don't rate Morkel as highly as most, he does compliment my two main seamers well. Whereas Bird is more in the Philander mould of accurate seam bowler.

One thing I do have much better now is flexibility. In Woakes we have a decent seamer and accomplished first class batsman with centuries at a high level in Division One of the County Championship and runs on A tours to in the sub-continent. His presence means SA could easily go full seam and a really deep batting lineup with him at 8, or potentially have him at 6/7 if the pitch is really flat and they want another bowler, (whether it be seam or spin). On the depth front I feel I've probably replaced mediocrity with mediocrity to an extent. Overall my batting stocks are probably poorer but my bowling ones are probably better. Jarvis has had test success and Milne is promising.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I'm happy with this side - can win a series in Australia.
You've improved your side but this is ridiculous. Roach is literally the only player you'd expect to make a difference and he on his own isn't going to be changing 2-0 after three tests score lines into series wins.

HeathDavisSpeed

NZ are picking Spudderford to open ahead of Brownlie. Brownlie's a decent player, but he's totally unproven as an opener in first class cricket.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Isn't he about to come in to open though?
He plans to open in first class cricket this season with a view to taking that space, but certainly no guarantee it'll work out for him. He's been overseas for every first class game this season so hasn't opened yet and didn't even open for NZ A in First Class cricket in the England summer just gone.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
TBH I think Jarvis gets so overrated on here. Very good for a Zimbabwean quick, but he can't make the Lancashire first XI FFS. Wouldn't make a Top 10 of South African quicks IMO.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
TBH I think Jarvis gets so overrated on here. Very good for a Zimbabwean quick, but he can't make the Lancashire first XI FFS. Wouldn't make a Top 10 of South African quicks IMO.
Did make CD though. And bowled well with 2 to 3 wickets in each inning.