• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will be interesting to see the approach we take. Do we declare early to make the run chase easy? Do we bat on for a while? A declaration around drinks or something?

Either way, will be interesting to see how India chase this.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bloody hell, sat here with a bottle of rum ready to watch some of this series at last and the Melbourne climate puts paid to it

I'll be glad in the morning tbf

dognutz

U19 12th Man
Betfair has India at $20 atm. Draw $1.60, Oz $2.90

considering there will probably more rain interruptions I thought draw would be shorter

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's not fair of Lawry bcos Warne's a bowler not, a lippy dickhead dropping half his catches at slip, and has reason to chat to an ump "all the time". Heals is just annoying and I hear him coming down on the Aussies as well so I don't think he's biased. Getting stuck into Kohli is fair game though. He did snivel to the media so its only fair after being used like that, some in the media point out his hypocrisy about the conduct of his opponents while hardly being a paragon himself.
Warne is the definition of a lippy dickhead ftr.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Right, for the sake of the neutral interest, SMarsh out quickly so nobody's tempted for a sympathy 100, a quick hit from the tail, 360 in 90 overs, let's roll.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The problem with Channel 9 is Brad McNamara. If you've heard him commentate, you can understand why.
SEN, 24 he sports radio station, has followed suit with fellow CWers in going hard at him on twitter after he banned C9 commentators from Mark Fine's show after he criticised C9 for lack of balance.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I have not watched too much of this series and have not watched as much cricket as I used to in the past year or two so it it always interesting to turn on and see something of I have not really seen before. Mohammed Shami's run up and action looks like a video game graphic - ie basic and simple lacking personality or anything distinctive. I have not seen enough of him to comment on him as a bowler but based purely on the approach and action I cant see anything exceptional. Looks very mechanical and, dare I say it, ordinary.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The thing that annoys me the most about commentators (in general, not specific to any nations commentary team) is the lack of knowledge and research about opposition teams. The majority of them they just read off statistics presented to them and only at that point they realize where the batsmen or bowler stand. I don't expect them to know everything about each player, but at least spend 30 mins to an hour just even looking at the stats and scores of players they will be commenting on ffs.
There was a period yesterday when the comms were discussing a current world 11 - I'd back virtually anyone on here to have a better knowledge of teams other than Oz, Eng, India and SA

And forget about most of the Channel 9 guys knowing anything about the domestic scene as that is when it becomes truly embarassing