• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** West Indies in South Africa 2014/15

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Seeing Ambrose so fired up in that pep talk made me so nostalgic for the 90s. Hoping once Taylor and co get smashed again, "Curtly talk to no man" sounds on the loudspeaker and a reggae song starts playing and Curtly runs out to join the team.
Haha, very WWE. Love it.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
I'm only watching this test because of the band.

The atmosphere here during the match with Australia was amazing imo.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Injured, i think he has a finger injury, he would have probably played ahead of bavuma if he wasnt injured. He is in the sqaud as a replacement for de kock though
He wouldn't have played.
1) It would show up that Bavuma was originally a token selection for the sake of political correctness, and
2) With all due respect, this series would be a great one to debut a new black player just to silence those who believe that SA has an agenda against black players (there was a genuine outcry from certain circles when Tsolekile never got a run back when AB was given the gloves).

Unless Bavuma cracks a century under difficult circumstances, he won't find his name on any teamsheets against decent opposition in the near future. There is precedent for debuting players against weak opposition purely for 'experience' as a one-off.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He wouldn't have played.
1) It would show up that Bavuma was originally a token selection for the sake of political correctness, and
2) With all due respect, this series would be a great one to debut a new black player just to silence those who believe that SA has an agenda against black players (there was a genuine outcry from certain circles when Tsolekile never got a run back when AB was given the gloves).

Unless Bavuma cracks a century under difficult circumstances, he won't find his name on any teamsheets against decent opposition in the near future. There is precedent for debuting players against weak opposition purely for 'experience' as a one-off.
Yeah as long as flogs like Moonda still exist they pretty much have to try and at least look like black players are given fair goes.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Shocking start from Taylor once again but Holder and Gabriel doing ok here and have dragged it back...Peters looked ok and wasn't too expensive so i won't fault him yet. Worried that we've gone in a batsman short though...we're certainly gonna need a big score by Kraigg or Shiv methinks.

Flametree

International 12th Man
I kind of get the 6-batsmen, 5-bowler thing in theory, but does it really make sense when your 7 and 8 aren't genuine allrounders, and your number 1 and number 6 average about 26...