• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sunil Narine's action reported (not to the ICC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What happens if someone gets called during the World Cup? Are they still able to play through?
I don't think there are special rules for the World Cup. If you get reported you've got 21 days to undergo testing I believe.

So lets say Narine just doesn't play any international cricket between now and the World Cup. Their first match is against Ireland so he could easily just be rested for that -- their next match in on February 21 against Pakistan. He could then go through the entire period of group matches without needing to be tested. If they didn't play him against Pakistan either then he could play all the way up until the final without being tested. It's probably not a practical option for them and I'd guess they'd rather have him sorted out so he could play the whole tournament.. but it's still a rather silly situation.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Oh come on Dan!!..that was a lighthearted joke, nothing to do with "nationality", if someone had london on their location i'd think they were an Arsenal, Chelsea, West ham etc fan. Mine is merely about my favorite national football team..not where i live :D .

Again i apologise to OverratedSanity if any offence was taken but honestly i meant no harm.
You're missing the point; time and time again the mod team has told you specifically not to respond to people based on their nationality or location, joke or not.

Firstly, it makes you look like an idiot when someone like OS isn't a CSK supporter, or an English-based poster doesn't much like the England team and you have to backtrack once more. Secondly, it ruins the debate when the entire argument is "you can't criticise my team for X because your team once did Y", especially when the poster doesn't even support that team, or their support for that team has nothing to do with the post they're making.

cnerd123

likes this
You're missing the point; time and time again the mod team has told you specifically not to respond to people based on their nationality or location, joke or not.

Firstly, it makes you look like an idiot when someone like OS isn't a CSK supporter, or an English-based poster doesn't much like the England team and you have to backtrack once more. Secondly, it ruins the debate when the entire argument is "you can't criticise my team for X because your team once did Y", especially when the poster doesn't even support that team, or their support for that team has nothing to do with the post they're making.
It's not worth it Dan, he's just a narrow minded hater constantly seeking fights. Just like all the other Brazilian cricket fans.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Which is why one could be very cynical about Lloyd's decision.

Of course, he might just not want his bowler to suffer the public humiliation of having his action scrutinised. But in the interests of the game, Narine simply has to be tested properly before the world cup. And the sooner that happens, the better. Lloyd should have just sent him for testing rather than send him home.
It's already been confirmed that Narine will be going for testing!!..it's not a matter of "hiding" anyone. Imo he's not playing for WI because like i mentioned before our board were tipped off that Narine was gonna get targeted by the umpires so clearly Sunil is on a hiding to nothing being there. Narine must be the only bowler in history yet to be called in an internationl match and yet he's been the victim of so many judgemental people just praying on his downfall...if/when he passes the test i wonder who will be ready to eat humble pie? 8-) .

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I don't think there are special rules for the World Cup. If you get reported you've got 21 days to undergo testing I believe.

So lets say Narine just doesn't play any international cricket between now and the World Cup. Their first match is against Ireland so he could easily just be rested for that -- their next match in on February 21 against Pakistan. He could then go through the entire period of group matches without needing to be tested. If they didn't play him against Pakistan either then he could play all the way up until the final without being tested. It's probably not a practical option for them and I'd guess they'd rather have him sorted out so he could play the whole tournament.. but it's still a rather silly situation.
That's not gonna happen. The lad is getting tested so we can clear things up once and for all. No point having this thing hang over our team and most importantly the bowler himself who i don't believe will be able to be himself under such pressure like that.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's already been confirmed that Narine will be going for testing!!..it's not a matter of "hiding" anyone. Imo he's not playing for WI because like i mentioned before our board were tipped off that Narine was gonna get targeted by the umpires so clearly Sunil is on a hiding to nothing being there. Narine must be the only bowler in history yet to be called in an internationl match and yet he's been the victim of so many judgemental people just praying on his downfall...if/when he passes the test i wonder who will be ready to eat humble pie?
In case of him being cleared, everyone here at CW who thinks Narine chucks some deliveries will eat humble pie, as far as I know, and they will do it quite happily. Apart from Burgey, that guy will eat his mum before he eats the pie :cool:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Stop trolling Dan. Very disappointing coming from a mod.
I digress. I apologised already and that's that. If he wants to take shots and paint me in a bad light for merely saying to someone "i GUESS you're a csk fan?" then so be it...i hope when someone uses the term "poms" the same stick is dished out..seeing as it relates to someones nationality/location.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
It's not worth it Dan, he's just a narrow minded hater constantly seeking fights. Just like all the other Brazilian cricket fans.
Just like i told Flem. If my posting isn't to your liking you're more than welcome to ignore them, it's your choice. But if you address me have a little respect...i've not said anything of that nature to you and if you keep throwing such remarks around you will be reported.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
In case of him being cleared, everyone here at CW who thinks Narine chucks some deliveries will eat humble pie, as far as I know, and they will do it quite happily. Apart from Burgey, that guy will eat his mum before he eats the pie :cool:
LOL we'll see sir...because i think a few people will be sweating over the results considering how adamant they are about Sunny being a "chucker" :D .

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I digress. I apologised already and that's that. If he wants to take shots and paint me in a bad light for merely saying to someone "i GUESS you're a csk fan?" then so be it...i hope when someone uses the term "poms" the same stick is dished out..seeing as it relates to someones nationality/location.
Go back and read the post I made in response to your CSK thing again.

We've given you the same moderator directive on an incredible number of occasions now, and you ignore it every single time. You say that the nationalism is "all three years ago", but whenever marc makes a post you bring up the failings of Moeen Ali to undermine his point. Whenever OS posts something, you bring up Ashwin, as if that somehow strips their argument of all legitimacy. Whenever Howsie or Phlegm make a post about Narine (and admittedly they're hopelessly dire trolls when it comes to the subject), you ramble on about how NZers can't talk because 6/91 and not having a decent spinner.

Engage with the post, not the nationality of the poster.

I'm saying it for the last time -- if somebody criticises a player you like, responding "but Player X of your nationality did Y so your opinion is invalid" is not acceptable. It's no different to an Indian poster complaining about a bad umpiring decision with "BUT THE BCCI HATES DRS SO YOU CANT COMPLAIN!"

In isolation, the CSK thing isn't much of a problem. But this isn't occurring in isolation; it's every single time you engage in an argument, and it's something you've been banned for in the past. That's why I'm bringing it up from a moderation perspective.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sorry Dan, no way should the posts you quoted have been moderated in any respect. It's a two way street and pulling a guy for posting like that is only going to make him dig in.

Completely understand we want to take away irrelevant references to one's team (I will not call it nationalism, for it is not) but nobody wants to post a forum where you can't say 'are you a fan of X?'

cnerd123

likes this
Just like i told Flem. If my posting isn't to your liking you're more than welcome to ignore them, it's your choice. But if you address me have a little respect...i've not said anything of that nature to you and if you keep throwing such remarks around you will be reported.
You're just saying that cause Brazil don't have a batsman of Mark Chapman's calibre.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Go back and read the post I made in response to your CSK thing again.

We've given you the same moderator directive on an incredible number of occasions now, and you ignore it every single time. You say that the nationalism is "all three years ago", but whenever marc makes a post you bring up the failings of Moeen Ali to undermine his point. Whenever OS posts something, you bring up Ashwin, as if that somehow strips their argument of all legitimacy. Whenever Howsie or Phlegm make a post about Narine (and admittedly they're hopelessly dire trolls when it comes to the subject), you ramble on about how NZers can't talk because 6/91 and not having a decent spinner.
Sorry i have to respond to this. I don't recall bringing up Ali to Marc in order to run down Ali..all i said was he bowled the doosra and no-one complained. I said that ONCE and i'm not even sure it was in response to him. Then we have the Ashwin situation which i think was a perfectly fair point to make in light of the Narine situation..all i asked was if he bowled like Narine why wasn't he looked at? if i recall OS actually came on and said Ashwin bowled like that MORE THAN ONCE..which supports my right to question it, but yet again you jump to conclusions and say i have an agenda? and lastly we have the NZ thing. That was a back and forth between me and Howsie who was setting baits for me all day long but i never once said "NZ don't have a decent spinner"..i said id rather have Narine in india than not as "SOME TEAMS don't have a decent spinner call upon".. which is just an opinion...how is that being "nationalistic"?

Engage with the post, not the nationality of the poster.

I'm saying it for the last time -- if somebody criticises a player you like, responding "but Player X of your nationality did Y so your opinion is invalid" is not acceptable. It's no different to an Indian poster complaining about a bad umpiring decision with "BUT THE BCCI HATES DRS SO YOU CANT COMPLAIN!"
I've never said anything like that based on nationality...so lets just say Rampaul were to get called against india..then Junaid Khan (who's action people have been speculating about) bowls against Australia the same way and doesn't get called...am i not allowed to point that out now and compare the two because the other guy isn't Caribbean? is that what you're saying?

In isolation, the CSK thing isn't much of a problem. But this isn't occurring in isolation; it's every single time you engage in an argument, and it's something you've been banned for in the past. That's why I'm bringing it up from a moderation perspective.
I wasn't arguing with OS though..it was simply friendly banter and not meant to offend in any way...but it seems like some people want to have a go at any opportunity and make accusations that simply aren't true. Time and time again i've had to tell people to watch their tone after directing some scanderlous posts in my direction and where is the outrage? where are the warnings? instead i got posts trying to mock me because brazil is in my location column.

Hopefully we can all move on from this...as i really don't want to have any part in any negative vibes..i've been down that road before and in my return i promised i would not go there again.

Last edited:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Sorry Dan, no way should the posts you quoted have been moderated in any respect. It's a two way street and pulling a guy for posting like that is only going to make him dig in.

Completely understand we want to take away irrelevant references to one's team (I will not call it nationalism, for it is not) but nobody wants to post a forum where you can't say 'are you a fan of X?'
Thank you sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.