• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Binny is no more useless than Jadeja and since both Jadeja and Ashwin can't get wickets to save their lives, so makes sense to go with a seamer since one spinner can handle the workload. Would've gone Pandey instead of Binny, though.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
England fans would want to hope the bowlers don't waste the new ball like they did at Lord's.

Either way Moeen will rip them apart.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, I'd have probably made changes, but in the end it becomes really big matches for Robson, Woakes and Jordan. They've been given a run if they're hopeless then it may be the end of their Test Careers for a good while.

91Jmay

International Coach
Woakes could be done if he doesn't perform here. At least Jordan has that sort of rawness about him that hints at improvement, as a cricketer Woakes is as good as he is going to get its just about performing now.

I can't argue he hasn't been given chances, its do or die now.

91Jmay

International Coach
Didn't support the decision to drop Dhawan, and GG has cemented it by being so ****ing abject. Let the younger bloke learn, don't bring back a never was (away from home).

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't support the decision to drop Dhawan, and GG has cemented it by being so ****ing abject. Let the younger bloke learn, don't bring back a never was (away from home).
Umm, sure you are not mistaking Gambhir for some other Indian batsman? Gambhir has played some very good knocks away from home when he was good (ranked #1 test batsman briefly). I supported brining him back in place of Dhawan, but in hindsight Dhawan would have done no worse in last 2 games.

91Jmay

International Coach
Umm, sure you are not mistaking Gambhir for some other Indian batsman? Gambhir has played some very good knocks away from home when he was good (ranked #1 test batsman briefly). I supported brining him back in place of Dhawan, but in hindsight Dhawan would have done no worse in last 2 games.
Yeah his record away is actually decent, I was probably just sterotyping at Indian batsmen tbh.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Gambhir's basically had one period in his career where he was a decent opening bat but for the most part he's been pretty dire with a technique laughably ill suited to opening.