• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
At the risk of incurring the wrath of Scaly, Cook has captained exceptionally in this game IMO. Led from the front with the bat, timed both declarations well and by and large has got his bowling changes right.

And if we don't win this Test, forget about blaming it on the follow on. If we can't take six wickets on a day five pitch then we don't deserve anything.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Think Cook definitely captains better when he gets runs. Maybe it's just a reactionary thought because England obviously do better when he gets runs but it seems that way.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Think Cook definitely captains better when he gets runs. Maybe it's just a reactionary thought because England obviously do better when he gets runs but it seems that way.
There is probably a bit of cause and effect there. If Cook gets runs we're usually getting a decent to big score. Takes the pressure right off and he just seems more uninhibited.

Howe_zat

Audio File
There is probably a bit of cause and effect there. If Cook gets runs we're usually getting a decent to big score. Takes the pressure right off and he just seems more uninhibited.
Cook (entirely by design IMO) just isn't that inventive, so he's naturally going to know what to do so long as things are going to plan, ie, when he gets runs

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't have the heart to read through the last few pages right now, and all I can say is that watching every Ali wicket in this test has been like a little stab on a freshly healing wound.

Our #2, 3 & 4 have been pretty useless up till now. Get a grip.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haven't been able to watch much at all since day 1 but England clearly all over India. Such a quick turnaround in fortunes too - one team has gone from gifting wickets away to the other.

Other than an absolute miracle this one is done.

grecian

I don't have the heart to read through the last few pages right now, and all I can say is that watching every Ali wicket in this test has been like a little stab on a freshly healing wound.

Our #2, 3 & 4 have been pretty useless up till now. Get a grip.
Moeen is a perfectly fine bowler FFS.

grecian

The low quality of your posting is pretty constant tbf
Just trying to keep with the general level of some of the more profligate posters and recent winners of BOTM, TBH.

Oh, I wish I'd planned my 15000th post to be my repeat Moeen, but I've only just noticed.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just trying to keep with the general level of some of the more profligate posters and recent winners of BOTM, TBH
Prince EWs's political views have caused you to slam him out of nowhere? Harsh :ph34r:

Anyway. Thoroughly expect this one to be wrapped up by lunch tomorrow. After a miserable year things are back to normal. This time next year, with the urn safely back home, we'll all be wondering what all the fuss was about