• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
"ND's CEO Peter Roach played a major hand in getting Ronchi to New Zealand, with his role in the Australian Players' Association"

Put him in pink for me, Roach.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Seriously I thought you said Ronchi was supposed to be a good keeper? There's barely been a single match this season where he hasn't made an embarrassing ****-up of some variety.
his footwork is excellent and he has the classical keeper's look about him.

Unfortunately, his hands are starting to let him down and he lacks the athleticism of Watling.

Flem274*

123/5
It's the usual "He's Australian, he must be great" line we've been fed from some media and domestic teams. Remember Cameron "will play for NZ within two years" Merchant?

Ronchi is a fair bit better than that bloke because he's a quality player but I think the "best gloveman in the country" calls were exaggerated a bit by Wellington or whoever started that line.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's the usual "He's Australian, he must be great" line we've been fed from some media and domestic teams. Remember Cameron "will play for NZ within two years" Merchant?

Ronchi is a fair bit better than that bloke because he's a quality player but I think the "best gloveman in the country" calls were exaggerated a bit by Wellington or whoever started that line.
nah, those calls were made when Watling hadn't proven himself and was still seen as a bit makeshift.

It turns out that BJ is the bees knees so it doesn't make sense now, but after Young retired and Baz completely dropped the gloves it wasn't a bad call.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
nah, those calls were made when Watling hadn't proven himself and was still seen as a bit makeshift.

It turns out that BJ is the bees knees so it doesn't make sense now, but after Young retired and Baz completely dropped the gloves it wasn't a bad call.
De Border? Young?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I love Watling but in a best case scenario, McCullum keeping and batting at 7 is better. Better keeper, better batsman.