• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Big Bash League 2013/14

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ball touched the ground whilst in his hand? I only glanced at it as I was having a rant in the mire which is the Pujara is McGrath thread.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ball touched the ground whilst in his hand? I only glanced at it as I was having a rant in the mire which is the Pujara is McGrath thread.
Indeed; he didn't have control over his own movements yet and the ball hit the turf. I'm definitely happy enough for that to be a catch if it's consistent but I've seen it given not out on rare occasions because technically it is not out.

brockley

International Captain
Anyone think Stars option for 5/6th bowler light on Maxwell,White,Wright,Stoinis,Quiney,could lose them some final games.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Lynnsanity!!

Noted Australian spinner Ashton Agar not getting a bowl tonight was an interest decision. I guess that's what happens when you pick 8 bowlers in your team, but the way Hogg and Beer were bowling, a couple more overs of spin might have been handy.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Anyone think Stars option for 5/6th bowler light on Maxwell,White,Wright,Stoinis,Quiney,could lose them some final games.
Faulkner being injured is a blow but I don't think that group (plus Wade) is that bad at all to fit in just the 4 overs. Also, don't forget Malinga will join the squad so they have the option of playing Hastings at 7 if absolutely required, but I would just back 4 overs from the names you've listed.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Faulkner being injured is a blow but I don't think that group (plus Wade) is that bad at all to fit in just the 4 overs. Also, don't forget Malinga will join the squad so they have the option of playing Hastings at 7 if absolutely required, but I would just back 4 overs from the names you've listed.
Whether or not it's the best selection option (probably is), it's going to be a weakness if they run with it. I've always been a fan of having five frontline bowlers in T20 cricket because you don't need a genuine batting depth for twenty overs as such - just some blokes who can play little cameos at 7 and 8 - and with the batsmen going hard for the whole innings, it's pretty hard to hide 20% of your overs somewhere. One bad over can be so, so damaging as well, so it's not just a matter of saying "well it's not Part-timer X's day together, Part-timer Y can have a long bowl instead" because you commit to one guy bowling 25% of his quota at a time.

It's probably still the way they should go, but it's the weak point of their side.