• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 5th ODI at The Rose Bowl

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Except for the 6 he got in his only test

I agree that Faulkner doesn't look a world beater with the ball but for whatever reason he gets a shed load of wickets at every level

And he can bat and field as well

IMO, he is definitely one of the 13 best cricketers in OZ (and that's all being in the test squad entails) because it's not how, it's how many
Yeah definitely especially with injuries affecting other contenders.

Spark

Global Moderator
Ahmed didn't do anything to impress me. Does Lyon not bowl in limited overs?
No, which is odd given that he first came to attention through consistently beating batsmen in the flight in T20s.

Agree with social that Smith looks a more talented leggie on what we've seen so far, even if Ahmed is more accurate.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Playing half his home games on the most outrageously seam-friendly deck in the country could be said to be, at a minimum, helpful.
Which might explain the bowling figures to a degree but then you would also have to inflate his 30 batting average

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
There's no doubting he's a talent, is he the new Nathan Bracken?
I made the same comment about him 3 years ago. Forkers Faulkner is without doubt a better short form Cricketer than Test Cricketer but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be in the mix as far as Tests are concerned.

wiff

First Class Debutant
Nathan was a given a bit of a hiding by the Indians if I remember. But at the time I thought he deserved his chance, just a shame for him that it was a very hot summer and the pitches were flat. AND I think McGrath and Warne were injured.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I can't see how Stokes won't be top-shelf, tbh.
He is interesting. A big, strong tall lad who is half a yard quicker than you expect. He has the building blocks and genes of a quick. Just need to see if he has the skills to compliment to turn him into a good one. There isnt a guarantee that he will develop them but there is promise.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, the rush onto the bat was what I noticed too. Reckon sideways movement is less important if you have that. Would hate to see him try to be a swing bowler right now.

flibbertyjibber

I made the same comment about him 3 years ago. Forkers Faulkner is without doubt a better short form Cricketer than Test Cricketer but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be in the mix as far as Tests are concerned.
Very useful one day player, not sure he is needed in tests with Watson in the side as you don't need two fourth seamers in the same side but will be a handy replacement long term. Is his batting going to improve enough for him to bat at 6 or 7 though?

benchmark00

I don't understand - how did Australia only end up on 298 after they were 202 after 30 overs when the rules of one day cricket dictate that you get to double your score after 30 overs?

Last edited:

Spikey

why would they be. hat wasn't used intentionally non was it on the ground like with a helmet

benchmark00

You can't tell me Rankin didn't deliberately use his cap to stop that ball from rolling towards the boundary.