• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

Expressway76

U19 Vice-Captain
In all seriousness England have been utterly ****ed over by DRS, and they haven't used it poorly either IMO
Yep. At least when Oz were ****ed over it was because you'd been silly with the reviews. We've had one dead set LBW and what sounded like a definite nick and the reviews are gone.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Im a big fan of DRS and the limited review system and there is no doubt my opinion is influenced by events today but Im not convinced you should lose a review on 'umpires call.'

Furball

Evil Scotsman
In all seriousness England have been utterly ****ed over by DRS, and they haven't used it poorly either IMO
Both teams have.

Khawaja given out caught. Reviews because he doesn't think he's hit it. Replays show he hasn't hit it. Loses review.
Smith given not out lbw. England review because they think ball would have gone on to hit the stumps. HawkEye shows ball would have hit the stumps. Lose review.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
If Smith doesn't ton up in this innings, he never will. One can only assume that Hill is keen to make up for the Khawaja decision.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Both teams have.

Khawaja given out caught. Reviews because he doesn't think he's hit it. Replays show he hasn't hit it. Loses review.
Smith given not out lbw. England review because they think ball would have gone on to hit the stumps. HawkEye shows ball would have hit the stumps. Lose review.
Have you actually seen the Swann-Smith lbw review yet? You will lose your **** at it if you haven't.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Either that or he has no idea at all
Yes, there is that possibility.

I guy on cricinfo has suggested that where you lose a decision to 'umpires call' that you shouldn't lose a review, even if you don't get that particular decision. Not the worst idea.

EDIT
As did Goughy five minutes ago. Memo to self to actually read his posts occasionally.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Im a big fan of DRS and the limited review system and there is no doubt my opinion is influenced by events today but Im not convinced you should lose a review on 'umpires call.'
I think that every single time too. Its ridiculous really.

Howe_zat

Audio File
They should make the rule that if hawkeye shows that the seam of the ball is going on to hit the stump then it's out. None of this "half the ball" bull****.
Maybe have it so as if the ball is hitting the wickets it's out. Like, say, what the lbw law actually is

~

Gonna stop posting because I know there's a separate thread for wambulance but it's all I want to talk about because the decisions mean I'm not enjoying this at all. Fuming.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Imagine if Warner comes in for the second new ball. Will be the best reason for a reserve opener at six ever.