• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in Scotland and Ireland 2013

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Porterfield's saved Dockrell's overs pretty smartly. He knew Pakistan wouldn't be aggressive while trying to recover and he's got majority of those 4th and 5th bowler overs out of the way.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Porterfield's saved Dockrell's overs pretty smartly. He knew Pakistan wouldn't be aggressive while trying to recover and he's got majority of those 4th and 5th bowler overs out of the way.
Yeah. I'm not normally a fan of this tactic because it lets the opposition do exactly what they want and recover to a position to launch from by milking non-threatening bowlers. I'm usually more in favour of the captain using a strike bowler to try and deliver the killer blow after the top order has been blown away. However, Dockrell is a much more threatening bowler when the batsmen are going after him, so it was absolutely the right tactic to save him up here.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very much dependent on the nature of the 5th/6th bowlers as much as your frontliners tbh.

If they're the type who usually aim to be economical, bowl darts (i.e Yardy) or something then bowling them during the period of 'consolidation' is pointless because everyone in that scenario is just happy for them to go at ~4 an over not taking wickets and not being a threat. If your backup bowlers are the type who are liable to go for runs but can pick up wickets (i.e Luke Wright) then bowling them in that period where they get away with some loose deliveries then it's a good idea.

smash84

The Tiger King
7 down now....

I am not sure what I was thinking when I said that this Pakistan side is going to make it to the champions trophy semi-finals next week.....I think I was high......

this team can't do ****.....or alternatively that is the only thing it can do

smash84

The Tiger King
things are usually dire indeed when Kakmal is by far the highest run getter....and why the **** are they allowing the run rate to climb?

smash84

The Tiger King
what are the chances of making 89 runs in 10 overs with 3 wickets in hand when the previous 40 have yielded 140 for 7? :p