• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Actually Warne vs Clarke would have been sensational viewing.

I think if you think about what double actually means you're point is going down leg, way down leg.

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
I repeat, how does that show how well he did against Murali? Average in matches involving a player isn't the same as average against a particular bowler. You would think the statsguru friends would do their homework but apparently not! And Burgey, as I said, I am not discounting anything Clarke did. I have just said he plays spin bowling with remarkable alacrity. I just think he gets overrated a little wrt spin play. A level above him you have the Sidhus, Jayawardenes and Tendulkars and a level above that you have the Laras, Vvs' and Zaheers. I don't think Clarke would have played Murali half as well as Lara did in 2001, and Warne would have beaten him to the pulp 9 out of 10 times. Garby, Gashwin, Gardeja, Chuckjal and Ferath combined can hope to be 2 per cent as good as Warne and Murali.
You fail to acknowledge the fact that Clarke is an outstanding player of spin and that he is right up there with the very best imo the only batsman I"ve seen who was better (but not as much as you seem to think) was Brian Lara.Clarke is as good if not better at playing spin than Jayawardener ,Sidhus and VVs.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Pretty sure Gashwin isn't a new one, just not hearing it much when he is taking wickets.

Getting sick of all this pathetic batting, want more bats who apply themselves like Usman. I actually don't care if he doesn't rotate the strike enough, he can bat time:

uvelocity

International Coach
actually the mention of hussey in another thread made me think of how he bailed us out a few times in SL. no surprise the rest of them can't do the job in these conditions

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Last 12 months

Overall:
Matches: 8
Inns: 12
Overs: 231.3
Runs: 725
Wkts: 9
Ave: 81
Econ: 3.13
SR: 154.3

Damn...we have much better bowlers in our domestic circuit!!!

Y the hell is he getting selected again n again :\

ganeshran

International Debutant
Dropping Lyon was a ridiculous decision. His match figures in the previous test might look bad but he bowled extremely well in the second innings in the few overs he got. Was unluckly not to pick up a couple more wickets because of Wade

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Clarke against spin reminds me most of Lara, tbh. I don't recall any right hander in recent memory "seeming" to be as light on his feet as Clarke. As was Lara obviously. That's not to say he's better than people like VVS against turn, just that he appears like he has all bases covered. And the results say a bit too.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Clarke against spin reminds me most of Lara, tbh. I don't recall any right hander in recent memory "seeming" to be as light on his feet as Clarke. As was Lara obviously. That's not to say he's better than people like VVS against turn, just that he appears like he has all bases covered. And the results say a bit too.
He is able to adjust very late in the shot. There were a couple of balls today when Clarke came down the track trying to work the ball on the leg side, but Ashwin bowled wide. He changed the shot at the last minute and hit boundaries on the off.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tim Bresnan apparently... from a loooong time ago.
Does getting an injured bloke count?
I repeat, how does that show how well he did against Murali? Average in matches involving a player isn't the same as average against a particular bowler. You would think the statsguru friends would do their homework but apparently not! And Burgey, as I said, I am not discounting anything Clarke did. I have just said he plays spin bowling with remarkable alacrity. I just think he gets overrated a little wrt spin play. A level above him you have the Sidhus, Jayawardenes and Tendulkars and a level above that you have the Laras, Vvs' and Zaheers. I don't think Clarke would have played Murali half as well as Lara did in 2001, and Warne would have beaten him to the pulp 9 out of 10 times. Garby, Gashwin, Gardeja, Chuckjal and Ferath combined can hope to be 2 per cent as good as Warne and Murali.
Clarke is comfortably the best player of spin outside the Asian countries around today. Who really cares if he is good as Lara or not, I bet Clarke would be pretty happy to be mentioned in the same breath as him as Lara was a genius and Clarke is well on the way to having a record better than the great man. Can't see why people are trying to pick holes in the best bat in the world right now when he is singlehandedly carrying his teams batting like Lara did for long periods.

Arachnadouche is right, Clarke is bloody good.

Mr_Ronan

Banned
Hughes' last 30 balls against spin he's been out 3 times and scored ZERO runs. It doesn't get much more damning than that.

For the sake of trying to save this series, surely Khawaja has to come in for Hughes (unless he bats the house down in the 2nd dig) with Watson and Clarke both moving up one spot.