• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Oh god. This is so tragic it's almost funny. Almost ten years since Clarke's debut. What did he do to deserve a team like this.
Doesn't Clarke select the XI and the selectors the squad?

I wouldn't have declared as Patto could easily put 30 odd on with Doherty but Clarke probably thinks he is at least 100 short of par, so what's the point.

Be nice if Sehwag bats for an hour or two tomorrow, then Aus will be looking down the barrel at an innings job. Fair play if Vijay can survive that long, looks like a walking wicket.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, that was a **** day. Have to say the batting was largely ****. Poor shots to some decent but hardly exceptional bowling. Hope Clarke cracks some skulls in the sheds.

Clarke plays spin bowling with alacrity. Arguably the best player of spin bowling to have come from the country. The comparisons with Lara on other sites are ridiculous though. Clarke's play against spin is not even half as good as Lara's with all due rest to the Oz skipper. It's all well and good to dominate Jadeja, Herath and Garbajhan; another entirely to make Warne and Murali look like club bowlers.

Spikey

"The NSP would be responsible for picking the squad for a match or tour, with the Captain, Coach and Selector-on-duty picking the day‟s team"

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Clarke plays spin bowling with alacrity. Arguably the best player of spin bowling to have come from the country. The comparisons with Lara on other sites are ridiculous though. Clarke's play against spin is not even half as good as Lara's with all due rest to the Oz skipper. It's all well and good to dominate Jadeja, Herath and Garbajhan; another entirely to make Warne and Murali look like club bowlers.
That's a new one to me. I like that. :laugh:

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
In all honesty could this possibly be the weakest Australian Test team on paper selected since the 80's? I mean other than Clarke how many would make it into previous Australian teams of the past 20 or so years?

Burgey

Presumably just when everyone has gone to bed, Jono will pop on and give his boring as bat **** "I was there" review of the day.

ajdude

International Coach
not all is lost guys, i just took a perfect 10 poo aka smooth departure, one wipe, no skidmarks. bliss

Burgey

He's played Murali, Kumble and a younger (and better) Harbhajan perfectly well in the past though.
You're cracking jokes if you think Lara was twice the player of spin that Clarke is.

Not sure if he's played Chuckjal yet in a test series.

Last edited:

morgieb

He's played Murali, Kumble and a younger (and better) Harbhajan perfectly well in the past though.
You're cracking jokes if you think Lara was twice the player of spin that Clarke is.

I think he has. Not in Asia though.

He may have played Murali mate, but what did he do against him? Lara in 2001 shredded Murali to bits on Murali's home turf. Kumble was hardly what you'd call a spinner in the strictest sense of the word, more a medium pacer who could tweak it a bit. Hardly a big turner of the ball. In any case Kumble was well past his zenith when Clarke played him. Garbhajan has always sucked aside from 2001 so doesn't count in my eyes. Lara dominated Warne and Murali. I am sorry but Jadeja, Garbhajan and Chuckjal don't compare.

Spark

Global Moderator
One test at Melbourne IIRC.

He may have played Murali mate, but what did he do against him? Lara in 2001 shredded Murali to bits on Murali's home turf. Kumble was hardly what you'd call a spinner in the strictest sense of the word, more a medium pacer who could tweak it a bit. Hardly a big turner of the ball. In any case Kumble was well past his zenith when Clarke played him. Garbhajan has always sucked aside from 2001 so doesn't count in my eyes. Lara dominated Warne and Murali. I am sorry but Jadeja, Garbhajan and Chuckjal don't compare.
Averaged about 200 against SL while Murali was still playing.