• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
it's freaking ridiculous how much of an inferiority complex some of us seem to have.

"on the news tonight, a nzer did this insignificant thing today. Wow. Look at that kiwi ingenuity. The little country that could."

"oh, this is your first time in nz? What do you think? Isn't this just the most lovely country in the world? Please please please gratify my teenage-girl-esque insecurities"

makes me sick.
+1

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's freaking ridiculous how much of an inferiority complex some of us seem to have.

"On the news tonight, a NZer did this insignificant thing today. Wow. Look at that kiwi ingenuity. The little country that could."

"Oh, this is your first time in NZ? What do you think? Isn't this just the most lovely country in the world? Please please please gratify my teenage-girl-esque insecurities"

makes me sick.
Fiery :laugh:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
This is just awful captaincy from Taylor. Undoing a lot of the good will he earnt with his first innings knock.

ch00baka

School Boy/Girl Captain
No sky here, how much is Astle turning it? NZ leggies traditionally aren't big turners of the ball (thinking of BGK Walker, Lance Dry etc).

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Lance Dry! Only a man with the arrogance of Lance Dry could post that. For all our viewers, that is mouthy Wellington club bowler Lance Dry.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
had a point a couple of years back though. the constant selection of club cricketers from other countries that didn't score any runs or take wickets ahead of the likes of Boam and Friday was a disgrace. NZC should have let them know in no uncertain terms what a mess it was.

ch00baka

School Boy/Girl Captain
lance dry probably bowls at 100kms at least.
When I saw him bowl he was quick through the air.
To be honest, mentioning Lance Dry was a joke. I didn't think anyone would actually comment on it.
I think he has taken something like 500+ wickets for Eastern Suburbs.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
To be honest, mentioning Lance Dry was a joke. I didn't think anyone would actually comment on it.
I think he has taken something like 500+ wickets for Eastern Suburbs.
I saw him him get two lbws against NaeNae. He pushes it through so quick that when he bowls his top spinner it is almost a guaranteed wicket if you don't pick it because you can't react off the pitch.

I have no idea how much purchase he can get for his regular leggie.

Rocking the headband when I saw him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
"It's not my fault they keep getting out. It's like I should be apologising. I've bowled it, it's pitched on middle, gone on and you've missed it. Gee, what a wanker."