• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Is there a more over-rated Test cricketer than Dhoni?

To be fair, at least CW doesn't rate him, so I'm preaching to the choir a bit. Ankit, I think it's time to join the choir buddy.
he's perhaps the worst **** around in tests.

**** captain
**** keeper
**** batsman
**** in front of media
**** leader
have I missed something?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Compton looks so much better when he gets down the track to the spinners. Ton coming in the third Test, you heard it here first.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
he's perhaps the worst **** around in tests.

**** captain
**** keeper
**** batsman
**** in front of media
**** leader
have I missed something?
I'm far from Dhoni's biggest fan but I don't think he's a **** leader. Agree with the rest.

Anyway, well played England. You have deserved this, big time.

Congrats to the English fans (y)

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Is there a more over-rated Test cricketer than Dhoni?

To be fair, at least CW doesn't rate him, so I'm preaching to the choir a bit. Ankit, I think it's time to join the choir buddy.
You haven't seen me defending him as a test cricketer for a long time though.

I still love the guy in ODIs, and I think he cops more hatred because of his success than his failures, if you know what I mean.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
So thats that. Best performance I've ever seen by England in India by a mile. I know there was that other test in Mumbai, but India batted last that time and played some village cricket

Stapel

International Regular
So, England win by ten wickets after losing the toss.

It's fair to say England have the away advantage, as they have better spinners, and batsmen better equipped to play spin.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Something right about winning it with 4 byes. Well the Indians can stop talking of 4-0 revenge now. Brilliant display from Cook, KP, Monty and Swann. One of the best victories for England in my time watching them and certainly one of the most unexpected.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
India batted like ****, the talk of this being a square turner is also pretty hilarious, I think England have become so obsessed with spin this year (or their failure against it) that almost any pitch that turns a bit is a Bunsen burner lol.

Nevertheless good win by England, India's batting needs to get their act together, trade Yuvraj for Rahane and bring back Yadav (hopefully he's fit for the next one). Gambhir should get the boot too if he keeps playing like **** over the next 2 tests.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
India batted like ****, the talk of this being a square turner is also pretty hilarious, I think England have become so obsessed with spin this year (or their failure against it) that almost any pitch that turns a bit is a Bunsen burner lol.

Nevertheless good win by England, India's batting needs to get their act together, trade Yuvraj for Rahane and bring back Yadav (hopefully he's fit for the next one). Gambhir should get the boot too if he keeps playing like **** over the next 2 tests.
Congratulations on making the second post in this thread talking about square turners.