• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I'm really not sure if that's serious or not..I may have missed that the highlights were already up though.

Kruger completely done for pace in 2nd dig, pretty awful dismissal for a Test player
4th day video of that match is up now (on the front end). Not a great camera angle though.

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
Useless pricks.
It really pisses me off the way that they don't do daily reports, only after the conclusion of the game, they cram two games into one report, and they don't update the live scores-often only at close of play. I've found better local sources that do all that now, but as the world's supposed leading cricket website, they really should be capable of more than such a token effort!

And then there's the gaffes 8-)

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah you're right, it does seem a very token effort. And they just pinch a quote or two off local media and they're away laughing. Obviously they have bigger fish to fry but it looks a bit silly.

Immenso

**** me, what do these ****s take us for? that is the most pathetic straight boundary I have ever seen. Switching back over to the gabba for some real cricket. I'm actually insulted that they think we're that stupid. Thank god I couldnt make it to the the stadium tonight.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Cricket should not be played at the ****ing Westpac Stadium. **** off you ****stains.
What's the reasoning for having games there anyway? The Basin is such a beautiful cricket ground; it boggles the mind that they'd play anywhere else if it was available. Are they playing something else there today or something?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What's the reasoning for having games there anyway? The Basin is such a beautiful cricket ground; it boggles the mind that they'd play anywhere else if it was available. Are they playing something else there today or something?
The theory is they'll make more money as guys will go to the stadium after work on a Friday. There's not a cat in hell's chance of the Basin ever getting lights, so we have this ****ing farce. The turnout is ****, the ground is ****, the facilities are **** (guaranteed the majority of outlets in the stadium aren't open) its ********. Cricket wellington are ********. This is a joke.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I havn't seen the published reasons PEWS. But it is way better for public transport.

Peeps like myself are more likely to go.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The theory is they'll make more money as guys will go to the stadium after work on a Friday. There's not a cat in hell's chance of the Basin ever getting lights, so we have this ****ing farce. The turnout is ****, the ground is ****, the facilities are **** (guaranteed the majority of outlets in the stadium aren't open) its ********. Cricket wellington are ********. This is a joke.
Ahh, well that vaguely makes sense I guess. Still must be bloody annoying though. Is Westpac Stadium the Cake Tin? Where they play the odd NRL game?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I havn't seen the published reasons PEWS. But it is way better for public transport.

Peeps like myself are more likely to go.
If you can't walk the 20 minutes to the Basin or catch the five minutely buses from train station to Basin, then I'm flabbergasted. The Basin is ideal for cricket. Laze on the bank with a beer or two and not be harassed by steward ****s. If you think this farce is good for cricket, then... Well... I'm lost for words.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
The only legit reason I'll accept is that they've done it to deliberately troll me.
As long as I get my yearly test at the basin I am happy. Such a fantastic ground for that.

Actually I speak to soon - if we go to day night cricket tests - then the basin may lose those too...:(

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
If you can't walk the 20 minutes to the Basin or catch the five minutely buses from train station to Basin, then I'm flabbergasted. The Basin is ideal for cricket. Laze on the bank with a beer or two and not be harassed by steward ****s. If you think this farce is good for cricket, then... Well... I'm lost for words.
Try 35 minute walk.

Look I already said it was classic for tests. No doubt the basin is a better experience. I just reckon the logistics of the cake tin are better.

They have a choice about appealing to their classic test match fan - or the more casual fan. And they have obviously done some market analysis.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Hah, flick it on and hear idiots talking 'three provinces could form a syndicate, get Gayle' drivel and a Toytown straight hit. :laugh:

Cricket Wgtn really nothing to do with this, presumably the attraction for Sky to actually buy the domestic rights was they can demand 7pm Friday night starts, the very week their rugby runs dry.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I dig this Johnston guy's release and grip on his off spinner. Love him going around the wicket too.

Immenso

Tv reasons. 5 weeks of Friday nightt games, then the block around Xmas.
Also diversifies the financial risk a little, like ND getting decimated at mt maunganui last season by a single weather system.

Caketin is fine as a cricket field. Bigger than seddon park. But they have brought in the straight boundary 30 meters.!
But obviously Basin is better from a sunny day and grass bank POV, but it is out of action at the moment anyway being relaid. But with only 3 venues with lights, the caketin was always going to be used during this friday night sequence even if basin was available.

Just to make clear. I am very happy with this scheduling. No problem with caketin(will still be games at basin around Xmas). I am just insulted by the artificial kindy size straight boundary. I wont be going next week.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ryder looking more than a little rusty out there. Still he seems to be missing the right balls and middling enough to still score at 10 rpo.