• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Reckon Murray would have had it sewn up if he had managed to get that set to a tie-break tbh. Couldn't see Federer coming back to win three sets in a row after going two down. Looking ominous now though.

If Murray can drag the game out to the 5th set I think he'll still do it mind you.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ooh rain, if only they'd had a roof they could have put up before this, to save this interruption.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hoping Murray will take some kind of Ivanisevic-like benefit from this intermission tbh. Momentum with Federer atm.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Reckon Murray would have had it sewn up if he had managed to get that set to a tie-break tbh. Couldn't see Federer coming back to win three sets in a row after going two down. Looking ominous now though.

If Murray can drag the game out to the 5th set I think he'll still do it mind you.
Why would Murray have won the tiebreak though?

Murray had to break at 5-5. Fed got so lucky on that 15-40 point and capitalised from there. Shattering.

Ruckus

International Captain
Is it really that hard for them to work out before play starts there's a high chance of rain at some point, and therefore close the roof from the beginning? I fail to see how a little bit of sunshine and open skies outweighs the time delays, inconvenience for the audience and people watching, plus the obvious disruption to the flow of play that the players have to put up with.

Ruckus

International Captain
Game is totally different under the roof. When possible play with it open I reckon.
That's probably the case, but surely it would be more favourable for the players to have consistent conditions throughout rather than a mix of both.

grecian

Game is totally different under the roof. When possible play with it open I reckon.

nonsense don't have the roof at all then, global tv event, should not be interrupted, it's farcical. Rain was always forecast.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Elizabeth Windsor

@Queen_UK: Cliff Richard, if you so much as hum Living Doll, one will have your arse back on the District Line before you can say "new balls".

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
nonsense don't have the roof at all then, global tv event, should not be interrupted, it's farcical. Rain was always forecast.
Have a roof that doesn't take 40 minutes to close would be a nice solution. So much slower than the Rod Laver arena roof.

grecian

Have a roof that doesn't take 40 minutes to close would be a nice solution. So much slower than the Rod Laver arena roof.
meh, you don't get it do you, wimbo and the beeb are always in conjunction, the match goes on longer, the better the ratings as it enters prime-time, it's why they put an unwieldy roof on, don't close it, then can get big ratings later on. Totally ignoring the global viewers.

Sorry to be cynical, but I am.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
meh, you don't get it do you.
Jeez man, not sure why you're jumping down my throat.

And for the record, no, I did not know you were insinuating they don't close the roof for rating reasons. It is an interesting point you raise.

grecian

Jeez man, not sure why you're jumping down my throat.

And for the record, no, I did not know you were insinuating they don't close the roof for rating reasons. It is an interesting point you raise.
hey you jumped down my throat first, this is getting churlish tbh.

I know I'm an interesting guy, I keep telling everyone, they never listen though :(

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also can someone tell me why conditions get slower under the roof at Wimbledon grass courts but traditionally they get faster under the roof on hardcourt? Science nerds?