• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Amazing how Richmond are supposed flag favourites but haven't been in the eight for the past 20 years.
I think it has something to do with the fact we are winning games and have lots of fans and members who are getting excited and a CEO who is ensuring we get more fans and members.

That could happen for North to if they had a few of those things. By that I mean wins, fans and a CEO :ph34r:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Meanwhile Spikey's Out With Gout '88 get the cane out of the cupboard to give dav's Roos a darn good thrashing in the top of the table DT clash.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would have cracked 2000 too if not for Hargrave and Nick Haynes being late-outs. Up to 5,614. Just the one 0 this coming week too, although I suspect Hargrave and the usual resting from GWS will create problems.

Have already made two of my trades tho.

Ellis out
Michael Johnson to the back line
Beams in

McDonald out (could end up being Treloar or Smith. Depends on who gets rested)
Sam Gibson in (NM)

130K in the bank

GoldenEye "I am Invincible" - YouTube

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Thoughts on big Will "I study Engineering and hate indy music" Minson's slur against Pearce's mother?

Bulldogs have banned him for a week. I'm sure it has to do with the fact he's a repeat offender considering what he said to Kane Cornes back in 08.

Will is such a weird cat. Reckon Eade had it right when he described him as the ''the dumbest smart bloke in the competition''

This issue reminds me of the discussion in Cricket Chat about sledging and bringing family into it etc. I would have posted it in there too if it wasn't closed :dry:

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Thoughts on big Will "I study Engineering and hate indy music" Minson's slur against Pearce's mother?

Bulldogs have banned him for a week. I'm sure it has to do with the fact he's a repeat offender considering what he said to Kane Cornes back in 08.

Will is such a weird cat. Reckon Eade had it right when he described him as the ''the dumbest smart bloke in the competition''

This issue reminds me of the discussion in Cricket Chat about sledging and bringing family into it etc. I would have posted it in there too if it wasn't closed :dry:
What's he supposed to have said? Report I saw went for the "not divulging" line.

As he's previoysly had a pop at Kane's sick child tho I think it's fair to assume it goes beyond the "yo momma's so fat..." kinda thing. Bloke's probably a massive prick.

That said, she is at least 50% responsible for calling her son "Danyle", so I'm really conflicted here...

Spikey

Week seems a bit harsh. But then he has history and I don't know what he said. you would have thought, given the history was against the exact same team, he'd be going under the radar

Spikey

That there's a new coach and plenty of young kids might have paid a part. You know 'culture of the club'

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Important to note the Dogs banned him for a week, not the AFL.

Would anyone think differently if the AFL had banned him? Has happened before hasn't it?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Might be my suspicious mind, but when clubs ban players for infractions of whatever kind I always suspect it's slightly pre-emptive to try to prevent the league imposing a longer ban. "We're managing it in house..."

Spikey

Ebert summed it up well really, stay away from race, religion and family and that sort of stuff. There's butt loads else you can sledge about. I mean, ask him how he feels about being a **** player for the last 5 years or w/ever

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ebert summed it up well really, stay away from race, religion and family and that sort of stuff.
I agree with you for the record, but that was not the view of many people in Cricket Chat regarding sledging (I mean with records to family being off limits that is, I agree that bagging one's mum isn't the same as racism, which said debate resulted in it being closed).

Last edited:

benchmark00

Can't comment specifically because we don't know the details of this, but if it was a generic mum insult it's soft.

Though tbf he deserves a week because it's such a poor quality type of insult.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Anyone remember Adam Selwood making jokes about Des Headland's daughter (Headland had a tattoo of his daughter on his arm I believe)? Apparently said he ****ed her etc.

Did he get weeks?