• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Big Bash League

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
guess it means smith ain't bowling
Well I wouldn't bowl Smith either unless something went horribly wrong.

Lee
Starc
Moran
MacGill
O'Keefe
Thornely

There's six frontline bowlers already; should be able to get the 20 overs from them. I understand that it's Perth and more pace might be a better option than Thornely's tweakers, maybe, but that decision should've come a lot later than it seems to have. Moran should've been bowling for sure.

thierry henry

International Coach
I hear a lot about this bloke O'Keefe from you New South Welshmen but his bowling appears very innocuous tbh. Not exactly Ronnie Hira standard.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
would have smith with super dom, with dom bowling in the powerplay (didn't) and smith if we need a wicket (which we may if this stand doesn't **** off). but yeah moz is just bad captaincy (similar to a t20 when Moz was captaining and he bowled bird when we bowling victoria out wasn't an option but restricting them from getting the target was....)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I hear a lot about this bloke O'Keefe from you New South Welshmen but his bowling appears very innocuous tbh. Not exactly Ronnie Hira standard.
O'Keefe isn't rated because he looks like he's going to take lots of wickets at a low average; he's rated because he does it. He doesn't look much at all, which is why he hasn't played a Test yet.

thierry henry

International Coach
O'Keefe isn't rated because he looks like he's going to take lots of wickets at a low average; he's rated because he does it. He doesn't look much at all, which is why he hasn't played a Test yet.
tbf he's done well over a brief FC career so far but I'd hardly call it definitive. On the other hand he has an uncanny knack of NOT taking wickets over a relatively brief List A career.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Remember most of this pumping up was done at a time when Doherty and Beer got picked.....pretty much because of O'Keefe's good performance in an Aus a game ....

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
tbf he's done well over a brief FC career so far but I'd hardly call it definitive.
Yeah; the reason people got excited though was because no other spinners had even done that, at all. Having half a decent Shield season as a spinner was massive. He was certainly always a better option than Doherty or Beer for example.

On the other hand he has an uncanny knack of NOT taking wickets over a relatively brief List A career.
Yeah no-one's talked him up as a limited overs bowler at all though.