• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at The Oval

Jayzamann

International Regular
I don't know what to think about Ishant and RP opening the bowling for a test side. It's funny, but in a depressing way.

"He's still funny, but not 'ha ha' funny"

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Ishant has been good before this series, in his defense. RP Singh has come off the back of 3 full **** domestic seasons.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
is the current indian bowling attack worse than the srilankan attack that bowled in england?

omg rp singh is even slower than munaf nowadays.

Last edited:

Riggins

International Captain
are there never any proper sight-screens in england?
how b*** ****!!
Would it be possible to use that material with the holes in it, that you can see through from one side but not from the other, like you get on bus windows!??

Seeing as this dude is sat at home posting, I'm assuming he isn't actually at the game. The way it goes downunder, at least, is that after the first few deliveries you start to make a beeline to the bar, keep your eye trained on the screens when waiting for frothy nectar and either stay for a chat or return to your seats for more chat, only stopping said chatting to applaud a shot or wicket. Rinse, repeat until 6pm.

Test cricket, <3
Maybe not true at the other grounds, but at Adelaide Oval I don't think I've watched a ball of test cricket in 5 years, despite going to pretty much all days of all tests, all about beers with the lads out the back of the members stand.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
is the current indian bowling attack worse than the srilankan attack that bowled in england?
It is annoying though because this is not the best attack we can produce. Sreesanth has shown himself not to be Test standard for more than one spell per series. RP Singh has been outperformed by at least a dozen bowlers in the last few domestic seasons. Mishra is a good bowler but is clearly in poor form with the red ball.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
someone will double ton up. jesus christ this attack is even worse than the one we served up in sydney

Jayzamann

International Regular
Maybe not true at the other grounds, but at Adelaide Oval I don't think I've watched a ball of test cricket in 5 years, despite going to pretty much all days of all tests, all about beers with the lads out the back of the members stand.
One year I only found out India were playing because they'd replaced the Subway stand with a place selling curry and rice.

Zinzan

Wow, RP, that's god awful. I know India are missing their three best bowlers for this match but.. wow.
Their 3 best bowlers? Presumably you're referring to Zaheer, Harby & Kumar, if so;

Whilst Kumar has been revelation with his honest medium pace swing & seam on this tour, surely he's not one of the three Best bowlers in India. While Harbhajan is a shadow of the bowler he was 5-10 years ago, I mean even Vettori out-bowled him in the NZ/Ind test series in India late last year. Only Zaheer is one of the 3 best for mine.

Flem274*

123/5
English fans should be careful imo. Speaking from experience, the more hilariously bad the Indian attack gets the more likely one of the buggers will produce a rare career saving spell to ensure he stays in the side to provide the lolz when Zaheer is injured for another ten tests.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Their 3 best bowlers? Presumably you're referring to Zaheer, Harby & Kumar, if so;

Whilst Kumar has been revelation with his honest medium pace swing & seam on this tour, surely he's not one of the three Best bowlers in India. While Harbhajan is a shadow of the bowler he was 5-10 years ago, I mean even Vettori out-bowled him in the NZ/Ind test series in India late last year. Only Zaheer is one of the 3 best for mine.
cough

munaf, rp, sree, mishra, ishant are india's top5 bowlers.

Zinzan

English fans should be careful imo. Speaking from experience, the more hilariously bad the Indian attack gets the more likely one of the buggers will produce a rare career saving spell to ensure he stays in the side to provide the lolz when Zaheer is injured for another ten tests.
Ain't gunna happen brah, Geoff Boycott's mum etc etc

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Sree has to do something to keep his place.

Zinzan

cough

munaf, rp, sree, mishra, ishant are india's top5 bowlers.
Ummm, considering I said Zaheer was obviously one for a start, then no, But I do reckon Ashwin & Ohja might be better spinning options than Harby these days.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Praveen is certainly one of the best three in these conditions. Whether he is not in India or not is irrelevant in England. Because then Harbhajan might come back in contention in india.