• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you think of Virat Kohli?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Forgot to bump this thread after Kohli's good knock on a fairly bouncy track against WI. Really rate his technique against pace and bounce. Very encouraging signs.

WAFG.

Shouldn't have ran himself out and cost him a ton though. That was ****ing dumb.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
What do I think of Virat Kohli?

I think he is being discussed too much these days. :ph34r:

I am scared for him. He might be drowned by weight of expectations. If not that, he might lose to many distractions that he doesn't appear immune to. Hope neither happens because he does have some great talent. Has to stop acting like a prick though, and learn from gentle Indian tradition personified by Tendulkar / Dravid / Laxman.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He's already gone through his "too ****y/getting a big head" phase though.

I doubt it'll happen again.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Have been two in the current series against the West Indies only.

3rd match when he was given wrongly out or was it the 4th?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Being angry when given out may be an example of being a dick or a prat etc.

But its not "****y"

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
True ,but the 2 things are inter related in terms of showing emotion .

A ****y player is more likely to do that than one who has lesser confidence or self - esteem.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have to disagree. Lots of players express disgust at such times. It's got hardly anything to do with being ****y

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Have to disagree. Lots of players express disgust at such times. It's got hardly anything to do with being ****y
You should have seen his reaction when umpire did not give a marginal leg side wide. Umpire literally had to tell him that that's his (umpire's) job.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah but again, that's having a temper or not respecting the umpire.

I don't believe Ponting is overly ****y, and we've seen him crack it at umpire's decisions before (when fielding and as captain). We've seen other players get pissy as well.

Not justifying Kohli's actions at all. But I think its fair enough to determine the difference between being ****y or arrogant (which can directly affect your game) or just having a temper.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Surely disrepecting the umpire can come from being ****y more often than not?

As in, you rate yourself important enough that the umpire should listen to you, not the other way around?

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
I can see Kohli having a Kevin Pietersen type career. I think Kohli will start his test career off with a huge bang and people will still see that arrogant streak about him. Eventually, I think he will have a form slump and he strikes me as a guy who's confidence could take a huge hit from the media expectations, etc.

Even if he does a form slump though, I can see him pushing through that period and average 50.

Bun

Banned
I can see Kohli having a Kevin Pietersen type career. I think Kohli will start his test career off with a huge bang and people will still see that arrogant streak about him. Eventually, I think he will have a form slump and he strikes me as a guy who's confidence could take a huge hit from the media expectations, etc.

Even if he does a form slump though, I can see him pushing through that period and average 50.
:yawn: Guy hasn't even started his career and yet people are so eager to chart his career graph including the obligatory form dip... He may or may not make it good at test level, but I don't see any merit in comparing his future career to that of KP. I don't see any similarity in their mental make up or anything tbh.

He has already 2000 ODI runs under his belt!! :shock: and a World Cup too.. to top it all averages 58 in FC cricket... I'd give my hand to have a record like that at 22, within 2 years of my International debut!!!

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
:yawn: Guy hasn't even started his career and yet people are so eager to chart his career graph including the obligatory form dip... He may or may not make it good at test level, but I don't see any merit in comparing his future career to that of KP. I don't see any similarity in their mental make up or anything tbh.

He has already 2000 ODI runs under his belt!! :shock: and a World Cup too.. to top it all averages 58 in FC cricket... I'd give my hand to have a record like that at 22, within 2 years of my International debut!!!
What? I can compare Kohli to anyone I like because it's my opinion. When somebody young like Kohli bursts onto the scene and does well, the media are going to hype him and up and follow him closely, especially in India. Many people have actually commented that Kohli comes off as arrogant or ****y at times. Also, many people have said the same thing about Kevin Pietersen. I see a similarity in their mental make up right there tbh.

I believe that Kohli can back up his ' ****y ' attitude with piles of test runs. So if you thought that I was criticizing Kolhi, I wasn't.

Bun

Banned
What? I can compare Kohli to anyone I like because it's my opinion. When somebody young like Kohli bursts onto the scene and does well, the media are going to hype him and up and follow him closely, especially in India. Many people have actually commented that Kohli comes off as arrogant or ****y at times. Also, many people have said the same thing about Kevin Pietersen. I see a similarity in their mental make up right there tbh.

I believe that Kohli can back up his ' ****y ' attitude with piles of test runs. So if you thought that I was criticizing Kolhi, I wasn't.
You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitiled to comment on your opinion am I not? :p

I think Kohli is more Ponting than KP. And certainly haven't felt he is ****y atleast not of late. He has the swagger and confidence, which is excellent for an up and coming batsman like him.

Spark

Global Moderator
Attitude wise there is shades of Ponting in Kohli but I wouldn't stretch it that far. Ponting isn't all that ****y.

Bun

Banned
Attitude wise there is shades of Ponting in Kohli but I wouldn't stretch it that far. Ponting isn't all that ****y.
isn't = TRUE

wasn't = FALSE

Ponting was an absolute riot in his younger days. It required a marriage and a vice captaincy to turn him to today's Ponting.