• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England Provisional and final World Cup Squads

Spark

Global Moderator
Their lower order would certainly be curious with Shazhad, keeping up the tradition of having a lower order consisting of at least four #8 or #9's.

Jacknife

International Captain
Maybe if he bothered turning up to play CC over the past 6 years instead of prancing around at the IPL, he might actually have been half decent
He's played IPL what twice and has played all formats of the game since he came into the side and how's playing CC going to have improved him?. KP's not the only one who's hardly played CC over the years in the England side, so I don't see what point your making.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Might be better for the team in a way as Morgan is so good at the end of an innings and KP hasn't made a big score in ages.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Bizarre though it seems, I think we're going to miss KP's bowling the most. I reckon Yardy will have to keep his place now, since not one of our batsmen can bowl any spin at all.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'd call Colly's off cutters more spin than what Yardy attempts to be honest.

For me I'd now go:

Strauss
Trott
Bell
Bopara
Prior
Morgan
Collingwood
Bresnan
Swann
Broad
Anderson

Jacknife

International Captain
A bit left field, but he's a decent bowler with a good list A record, he's got some good variation with a good slower ball and balls about 85-89mph. Apparently he's been the best of the bowlers for the England Lions.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
What about Woakes? Why hasn't he been given a go in internationals yet? An extended run I mean.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Seems very strange to call up Dernbach over Woakes. Dernbach has taken wickets but goes for plenty - his list A economy is 6.33. They say it's because he's done well in the Caribbean tour but Woakes has just taken 5-18 to trash Guyana.

Factor in that Woakes has bowled vastly more match-winning spells in county cricket, and is also a much better bat, I'm really not sure where this decision has come from. I can only assume it's because they think Dernbach can get something out of the pitches.