• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 22 - India v Ireland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Yea, the lack of a 'pacey' bowler hurts especially against minnows who may not be used to facing such speeds.

With that said, that one Irish bowler was faster than any Indian bowler, so maybe they're used to it after all :p.
Pretty much. Unless your Australia, pace is our friend. I predicted that our batting would struggle badly against Bangladesh (and subsequently India) while it would be much more successful against England.

I think we have a good chance against the windies, though Benn will be the main test. It also depends on how seriously Gayle and co take us. If they come into the match feeling relaxed we could easily surprise them.

Suspect that they will take us seriously and smash us however, since they respect P Simmons.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Ireland has done at least as much as Bangladesh IMO in terms of getting Test status. We can debate if Bangladesh was a mistake but at the very least, ICC should put them 'on track' to getting Test status, even if politically it's a much harder sell than Bangladesh was.
Agree. ICC has inducted 3 sides in Test club in 3 decades (SL, Zim and Bang). For this decade they should mark down Ireland. Later or sooner.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Ireland has done at least as much as Bangladesh IMO in terms of getting Test status. We can debate if Bangladesh was a mistake but at the very least, ICC should put them 'on track' to getting Test status, even if politically it's a much harder sell than Bangladesh was.
Depends on how much you put into not having their own domestic structure. That's the only thing they've not got that Bangladesh did in 2000.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dhoni Fan, please stop posting in such an arrogant way. Your posting tarnishes other Indian fans.

You're being very condescending to Ireland.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I did not want to get involved in this **** that has been happening for the past few days but anyway, I think you ****s have let this situation slide into a stage where it is impossible to have a bit of a banter in match threads. If you are seriously this soft, you don't belong in any place where sports discussion is taking place.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Jono, I did give credit to Ireland for how they bowled and fieldedm I simply stated our game plan and how we got it spot on I dont see what is so wrong with that?

And btw who is furball?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Most of your posts are fine. I disagree with them, but they're your opinion. But when you say "we just needed to turn up", it's going to annoy people. And fair enough too.

Blaze 18

Banned
It is a bit disappointing that certain posters are more interested in infractions and what not than having a meaningful cricketing discussion. We can't do anything about it - let's just ignore it. People can see the comments posted by certain people in this thread and compare it to the ones posted by myself and other Indian fans in the England-South Africa match thread, and judge things for themselves.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Most of your posts are fine. I disagree with them, but they're your opinion. But when you say "we just needed to turn up", it's going to annoy people. And fair enough too.
That in my opinion was the game plan we needed and we got it spot on! 11 players all their promptly for a 2.30 local time start, that promptness, making sure there were no issues witht he team bus and arriving to the ground on time, were the key components to today's victory IMHO.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
It is a bit disappointing that certain posters are more interested in infractions and what not than having a meaningful cricketing discussion. We can't do anything about it - let's just ignore it. People can see the comments posted by certain people in this thread and compare it to the ones posted by myself and other Indian fans in the England-South Africa match thread, and judge things for themselves.

Totally agree Blaze, abuse and other such provokation is not right cricket discussion with a little banter I think is fine

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Jono is people say that, that is their opinion I would not agree but it is not for me to really pass judgement! :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That in my opinion was the game plan we needed and we got it spot on! 11 players all their promptly for a 2.30 local time start, that promptness, making sure there were no issues witht he team bus and arriving to the ground on time, were the key components to today's victory IMHO.
Yeah and there is no way in hell that isn't arrogant.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I did not want to get involved in this **** that has been happening for the past few days but anyway, I think you ****s have let this situation slide into a stage where it is impossible to have a bit of a banter in match threads. If you are seriously this soft, you don't belong in any place where sports discussion is taking place.
This, this so much!

I can't believe how soft some people are being, man up folks. Furball tried to rile up Indian posters at the start of the thread, I honestly loved every bit of it as did other Indian posters. We laughed it off, and took it as good fun. Cricket's a sport ffs. I love banter, and I love it when people come and have a dig at India.

As far as arrogance goes, I honestly don't give a **** if some people want to generalize and perceive all Indian fans as arrogant. I can understand some posters might not want to be tagged as that, but as for me, heck yeah I admit it - I love my team and I'm one badass arrogant son of a gun! :cool:

And honestly, that's me, if people don't like so be it. But I'm not going to pose as someone I'm not in an attempt to rise up the popularity charts.

Last edited:

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
This, this so much!

I can't believe how soft some people are being, man up folks. Furball tried to rile up Indian posters at the start of the thread, I honestly loved every bit of it as did other Indian posters. We laughed it off, and took it as good fun. Cricket's a sport ffs.

As far as arrogance goes, I honestly don't give a **** if some people want to generalize and perceive all Indian fans as arrogant. I can understand some posters might not want to be tagged as that, but as for me, heck yeah I admit it - I love my team and I'm one badass arrogant son of a gun! :cool:

And honestly, that's me, if people don't like so be it. But I'm not going to pose as someone I'm not in an attempt to rise up the popularity charts.
How are you doing buddy? good to see someone else that understands about banter and the true spirit of the game! :)

Was proud of our clinical showing today, as I said the real test today was making sure we all got on the team bus and made it to the ground at 2.30 we achieved that and therefore the game plan was spot on which equalled 2 points!