• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
At a guess it'd be the Oval in 1938
= an innings and 579 runs
Well with Swann departing that one's safe, for now. Something to aim for at Sydney.

Not happy about us losing wickets, I wanted to get my head down in the afternoon session :unsure:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I appreciate Collingwood will never be regarded as a world class player, and has always been renowned as steady eddie, but he has certain qualities that every side needs and desires.

Colly's form in 2009 was very good, averaging just under 50, despite playing testing opposition such as Australia at home and SA away. WI away not so testing, and he did excel on those docile pitches.

Taylor looks a very good prospect, but personally I'd be in favour of Morgan or if you're looking at impressive domestic form, then James Hildreth is in great form, has matured as a batsman and is at a good age to be in line for selection, imo.
Taylor has the talent of Morgan and the runs scoring capability of Hildreth. Should be front of the queue by some distance.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nasser laying into the Aussie selectors, and also a lot of the CW 'play 4 pacer' brigade by proxy

Woodster

International Captain
What's our biggest margin of victory ever over the filth?
In terms of runs margin, Brisbane 1928, where we won by 675 runs, Australia made 66 all out chasing the target of 742 to win!

Of course that game at the Oval in 1938 when Len Hutton scored 364 and Australia made a combined total of 324 in their two innings (201 and 123) although the Don was absent in both innings. England won by an innings and 579 runs.

Trott going more expansive in his strokeplay now, good to see.

Woodster

International Captain
Taylor has the talent of Morgan and the runs scoring capability of Hildreth. Should be front of the queue by some distance.
Taylor has impressed with the Lions, but by and large has scored runs against bowling attacks in the CC Division Two, which doesn't equate to what Hildreth has achieved in Division One in the last couple of seasons.

I like Taylor, but don't think he should be heading up the queue right now.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Taylor has impressed with the Lions, but by and large has scored runs against bowling attacks in the CC Division Two, which doesn't equate to what Hildreth has achieved in Division One in the last couple of seasons.

I like Taylor, but don't think he should be heading up the queue right now.
Taylor doesn't get to bat at Taunton, though. Look at Hildreth's respective averages home and away. Averages something like 39 away from Taunton. Obviously, some of his earlier seasons drag this down, but there's always something the detractor can seize on.