• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes betting

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Australia are getting awfully close to amazing value for the series, but I don't want to load up a lot of money on them because it'll make the whole series excruciatingly difficult to watch. Want to watch it without a care in the world.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Australia are getting awfully close to amazing value for the series, but I don't want to load up a lot of money on them because it'll make the whole series excruciatingly difficult to watch. Want to watch it without a care in the world.
What odds you getting down there? Best on Oz I can see is 10/11 which is a long way off amazing given England are still available at 2/1.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Depends on what one believes the percentages of Australia winning are.

In my view Australia are at least a 50% chance. So anything significantly over $2 will be value in my view. Australia are inching towards $2.20 on Betfair. Some good performances by England in the practice matches should ensure it goes over that.

Edit: Sorry that's the first test odds :dry:

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sorry excuse me, I'm looking at the first test odds, not series odds. Rookie error.

Don't think Australia will get to $2.20 before the first test, which is what I'd say is value for the series.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I think Aus at 2.20 is damn good value, anything over 1.8 I'd say is worth a go. Maybe that's just me being pessimistic.

I betted on England in 2009 at 5.3, I wish they'd stop getting backed so as I can find a good deal on them again.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Going to put on a few cheeky multi bets revolving around Broad being England's top wicket taker.

chalky

International Debutant
Managed to get 7.0 on Siddle to be the Aussie top wicket taker in the series before it was announced that Bollinger was being released odds shortened to 5 at the mo so quite happy with that.

Am thinking of putting a few quid on KP to be overall top run scorer at 8.0 got a gut feeling he will do very well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why is Swann such an overwhelming favourite to be England's leading wicket taker? I really rate Swann but I really don't think he's any more likely than Broad by any stretch of the imagination.

Debris

International 12th Man
Why is Swann such an overwhelming favourite to be England's leading wicket taker? I really rate Swann but I really don't think he's any more likely than Broad by any stretch of the imagination.
England are in serious trouble in this series if he is.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Had lots of little bets, but my main focus will be on the $40 multi I had on Clarke leading Australian run-scorer into Broad leading English wicket-taker. I'll win over a grand if it gets up.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cheering it for that exact thing to happen, hopefully level the series at 2-2.
Would be so much heartbreak for you.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Personally hope an Andrew Symonds comeback factors into the situation as well, especially as the **** never replied to my last BBM, WAC