• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tour Matches

chalky

International Debutant
Any chance of the Gabba pitch being like this? Would make for some interesting cricket.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Have to say, if one goes purely on aesthetics, Paine looks about the best batsman in the side. The boy does have a v attractive technique.

Themer

U19 Cricketer
Another beauty. Starting to sound repetitive calling everything a beauty and a jaffa. Tis going to be very interesting to see how England's batting goes when they get their turn.

Woodster

International Captain
Another good nut, this time from Tremlett. Has banged it in back of a length against White, then bowls one a touch fuller for White to have a drive at and it nips back through the gate, 5 down!

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
White's dismissal is just so typical of him, his technique is hopeless when its pitched up, even on flat decks. He wollops short balls and anything wide, but gee he gets bowled a heck of a lot for a top 6 batsman, his feet just dont move. Should never play test cricket with that technique, its been the same for all his career and it hasnt changed one bit.

King Pietersen

International Captain
This performance from the bowlers gives the selectors a potential headache. Say one of the other quickies goes down with an injury or performs badly, who comes in? All 3 have bowled beautifully, and all 3 have taken wickets. I'd like to see Tremlett play of the 3, but I could definitely see either Bresnan or Shahzad making the XI. Maybe we've got fairly decent fast bowling stocks after all.

Howe_zat

Audio File
This performance from the bowlers gives the selectors a potential headache. Say one of the other quickies goes down with an injury or performs badly, who comes in? All 3 have bowled beautifully, and all 3 have taken wickets. I'd like to see Tremlett play of the 3, but I could definitely see either Bresnan or Shahzad making the XI. Maybe we've got fairly decent fast bowling stocks after all.
Bresnan has been the least threatening, hasn't been as consistent as Shaz IMO, and given that Shazad isn't in the squad it'd likely be Tremlett.

Mostly, though, it'll depend on the bowler injured. Bresnan Shahzad stand a better chance of coming in if it's Anderson that's out.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Not the best day for Australia. Watson and Katich out already for NSW, and our backup batsman not coping with a juicy Bellerive surface.

Tough being at work and not watching the game, a good chance for Smith to show some form with the bat (which has deserted him of late)

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Definitely a problem you'd rather have than the one the Aussie selectors are having i.e. "So... who's fit?"