• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in Dubai

Xuhaib

International Coach
Amin will average 45+ with the bat in test cricket saw him score a 120 odd against a full on Shoaib on a very spicy pitch and has been a fan of him since the day maybe his temperament is not cut for test cricket yet though he still has time on his side..

Alam is a very limited player though he does have the Collingwood, Dhoni grit that is sometimes the most important aspect for an int cricketer feels he will have a better odi career then test.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Apparently Lopsy is out injured with back spasms. Big blow, he was doing a good impression of Nathan Bracken. Parnell would be the logical choice to slot in for Lopsy but Steyn is scheduled to return for today’s game and neither Rusty nor Morne warrant the axe. Smith back as well, don’t think Botha did himself much favours for future ODI captain with his performances in the past two games.

Last two ODIs will be played on the same surface as the other night, a wicket which was pretty awful.
Amen Pakistan.

daviidwilson

Cricket Spectator
Would have loved to watch this series if Asif and Amir were present. They would be tested too, with less seam friendly wickets in Dubai.

Unfortunately it looks pretty one sided as far as the test matches and one dayers go.
The first ODI and first day of the 1st Test fall on a Friday, which would have a massive turn out as it's the one day of the week that the majority of Pakistan expats get the day off. There are also a lot of Saffies in UAE which would go on the Friday and Saturday. I agree that the other days will probably have small attendance.

smash84

The Tiger King
The first ODI and first day of the 1st Test fall on a Friday, which would have a massive turn out as it's the one day of the week that the majority of Pakistan expats get the day off. There are also a lot of Saffies in UAE which would go on the Friday and Saturday. I agree that the other days will probably have small attendance.
What's the prediction for today??? SA have been pretty ****ty these past ODIs. If they play like that again it might be 2-2 today.

But I hear Steyn might be back. Good for Saffers..........doesn't matter for Pak though........with or without Steyn playing for SA, Pak will probably play **** anyway

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:laugh: nah you will eat your words some day.

thoughts on Wahab?

ofcourse not an Aamer but does seem to have something about him could be a useful backup if Aamer-Asif get back.
Reminds me more of Johnson than anyone (obviously less... crazy.. though). He's a bit inconsistent and doesn't swing the ball back in but he always looks dangerous anyway and gets batsmen playing away from their bodies with that low arm action. Don't mind him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
good job Hafeez surprisingly he's been pretty decent in both facets since his return.
Hafeez often seems to go okay straight after a recall. Gets worse and worse as things go along though until he gets dropped and recalled again. Vicious cycle. :p

Xuhaib

International Coach
Reminds me more of Johnson than anyone (obviously less... crazy.. though). He's a bit inconsistent and doesn't swing the ball back in but he always looks dangerous anyway and gets batsmen playing away from their bodies with that low arm action. Don't mind him.
good call very hit and miss like johnson in FC can have a 5-50 and easily go for 0-100 the next innings.

Xuhaib

International Coach
vintage Wahab 2 good overs followed by a junk.

This is the strongest side Sa has fielded this tour should be a canter I reckon.

Flem274*

123/5
Don't want to sidetrack the thread too much but how the hell did Wahab escape the you know what? From what I saw he looked in deep poos.

But if he's innocent and I'm barking up the wrong tree as usual, I look forward to seeing him bowl down here. Sounds gun.

smash84

The Tiger King
vintage Wahab 2 good overs followed by a junk.

This is the strongest side Sa has fielded this tour should be a canter I reckon.
So true. That was a terrible over. Pakistan were tightening the hold and then Wahab Riaz messes up the whole game.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Don't want to sidetrack the thread too much but how the hell did Wahab escape the you know what? From what I saw he looked in deep poos.

But if he's innocent and I'm barking up the wrong tree as usual, I look forward to seeing him bowl down here. Sounds gun.
not enough evidence I guess you just can't nail guy for taking a jacket from this agent.