• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tri-Series

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Sehwag doesn't get his hundred. Totally deserved it. Commentator says bowled on purpose. :ph34r:
It is instances like this ,which i do not like with Sangakkara as a captain.

Seems to over do the cleverness on some occasions.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sri Lanka obviously felt the weekly rivalry needed spicing up a bit. Wouldn't have expected something like this from them.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Yeah, I thought I picked up Sanga saying something to Randiv after the 4 byes. Unnecessary and disappointing really.

BeeGee

International Captain
Great knock by Sehwag!! Congratulations to India.

So, every team has a win and NZ and India have the extra bonus point. It's an even series so far.

What happened to win the toss, bat first, win the game? :dry:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I didn't watch the game. Whose fault was the no-ball? Randiv, or were there instructions from Sangakkara? WAC.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm going to watch the post-match presentation with a million and one **** prizes for this alone. Hope they grill Sanga on this. Sehwag is too cool to care about it really. :cool:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Sanga apparently had a word with Randiv when the scores were level.
WAC. Really. Who does something like this so blatantly? It's about as subtle as Afridi taking a bite out of a ball. Sanga seems to be an intelligent man. Does he not understand that an act like this could sour relations between the two teams for a long time?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Randiv pulled out of the delivery stride when he was about to get his footing right for a legal delivery then bowled a deliberate no-ball. **** Sanga, starting to hate the ****.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
WAC. Really. Who does something like this so blatantly? It's about as subtle as Afridi taking a bite out of a ball. Sanga seems to be an intelligent man. Does he not understand that an act like this could sour relations between the two teams for a long time?
Yeah, but he couldn't have guessed Randiv failed so hard when it came to tact.

Cruxdude

International Debutant

There was something similar in an earlier test match with India in India. India scored 420 odd Srilanka scored 750 odd. Sachin and Laxman saved the game on the lat day. Sanga wanted the game to be called off before the mandatory overs but Sachin and India obviously wanted to play on as Sachin was near his hundred. Sanga went on to whine and deliberately asked his bowlers to bowl wide off the wicket. Sachin though was cool and crawled to his hundred.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Yeah, but he couldn't have guessed Randiv failed so hard when it came to tact.
I'm not entirely sure they wanted to make it seem an accident. Bowling a no-ball is pretty easy. You just start off from half a foot or so ahead of the spot your normal run up begins. Sanga had better search the net for whatever excuse Greg Chappell must have spouted out after the underarm incident, because God knows he's going to need it.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Could've done something better like just come around the wicket, or bowl left handed, or chuck it.

Shri

Mr. Glass
The BCCi should threaten ICC to correct the scoreboard and give Sehwag the hundred+remove Sanga from SL captaincy or threaten to go home. Only reliable solution.:ph34r:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
The BCCi should threaten ICC to correct the scoreboard and give Sehwag the hundred+remove Sanga from SL captaincy or threaten to go home. Only reliable solution.:ph34r:
Hey, how's picking Sanga straight off the bat in the draft working out for you? :p