• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Betting Thread

Bobisback

International Regular
Someone message me if the first goal in the South Africa vs Uruguay game is in the last 15 minutes. Going to bed.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ignoring logic, I backed Greece just before this one kicked off. My gut has served me better than my brain so far in this tournament, so hopefully that'll continue here.

EDIT: Ah. Perhaps not.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I backed Greece too, in a treble with France and Germany. 3/1 was just too appealing, a draw doesn't do either team a great deal of good and they'll surely come out on top more often than 25% of the time against a Nigeria side at least as crap as they are.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm no betting man so don't know whether they'd be classed as good odds...but they will surely qualify

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well to qualify they basically have to beat Chile, give or take a few other permutations which can knock Spain out or put them through. So it's whatever you think the odds of that happening are really.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm no betting man so don't know whether they'd be classed as good odds...but they will surely qualify
1.40 suggests that the event is around 71.5% likely to happen.

So if Spain are more than 71.5% likely to qualify, than its value.

I'm no expert, but I'd think that Spain are value here.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah thought so too so I put $10 on Brazil, Paraguay and Italy to win @4.43

Also if NZ scores a goal I should be looking at $40-$150 after putting a few punts on our strikers and one on Reid (who was paying 150). Can see if we do get a goal it could well be a header and I'd say Reid is going to be probably brought up for those everynow and then.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Put $5 on:

Paraguay head-to-head - $2
2-3 goals in the ITA v NZL game - $1.90
Brazil -1 goal start v Ivory Coast - $2.80
Now, I need the under-20 NZ rugby team to get the points start of 12.5 against the under-20 Aussies to claim tasty $101. No pressure...

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Put $5 on:

Paraguay head-to-head - $2
2-3 goals in the ITA v NZL game - $1.90
Brazil -1 goal start v Ivory Coast - $2.80
Now, I need the under-20 NZ rugby team to get the points start of 12.5 against the under-20 Aussies to claim tasty $101. No pressure...
NZ won 62-17, so obliterated the line by about 32 points... Yummy.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Cheeky multi on:

- Argentina to win last night
- Uruguay to score first against (whoever they were playing), ending on:
- England to win their final pool game.

$5 to win $30-odd, but it's all useful.