• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

John Howard to head ICC?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
People like Howard enjoy having power. I'm not saying Howard would be terrible at the job, but let's not exaggerate and suggest that we should be grateful to have someone like Howard taking up this job, and its some benevolent act on his part.

It still pays well, its a cushy job, and there will be benefits. One of those is having access to cricketers, and we all know how he used to get a hard-on for that.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, a guy who couldn't muster even 45k votes in his constituency and failed to retain it, becoming the only the third premier in Australian history to do that, is apparently touted as the pinnacle of all administrators in Australia. If he were, he'd be still ruling.

Done with this stupid debate. Thank you very much.
Exactly. The people who are making the argument that his tenure as the president of Australia gives him enough experience to lead the ICC are being dishonest and they know it.?
:laugh:

Some very average reasoning and knowledge on display here.

Can't believe that people are actually making me (semi) support Howard for this role now, FFS. Monsters.

Sir Alex

Banned
Yeah, I must be an idiot to find out details about his last election, yet apparently miss he was prime minister.

Or I just subbed that with premier.

:laugh: @ social's post. Seems like he missed you in his campaign.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I must be an idiot to find out details about his last election, yet apparently miss he was prime minister.

Wasn't laughing at your use of the word premier, more just the whole logic used in saying that he must be a failure after losing his seat in an election, despite the fact that he won 4 federal elections prior to that.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Some of the reactions in this thread are just hilarious. To me it is Aus/NZ turn to nominate the ICC President and it is up to them who they want to nominate. I really don't understand all the fuss especially when India have nominated an Idiot and a corrupt politician like Pawar, who is a disgrace tbh.

howardj

International Coach
Whether we put up Hitler or the Devil himself (some would argue we have) our nomination has no right to be overruled. It's done on a rotational basis, whereby nominations should be rubber-stamped by the other countries.

Debris

International 12th Man
ICC would be very fortunate to get Howard as ICC president. He was always a strong leader as PM and is a large part of the reason Australia's economy is as good as it is (yes I liked Howard through his first three terms in government, then he ran out of ideas).

ICC would jump at the chance to get Thatcher or Bush (as mentioned in earlier post) but they are not interested. The PR and access to people alone would make it worthwhile.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member

Well, you're not that bright to try and paint him out as an unpopular and failed politician. When in reality he is the 2nd longest serving Prime Minister in Australian history. Your posts on this matter have been nothing short of farcical.

Sir Alex

Banned
Well, you're not that bright to try and paint him out as an unpopular and failed politician. When in reality he is the 2nd longest serving Prime Minister in Australian history. Your posts on this matter have been nothing short of farcical.
There is a difference between voluntarily retiring and getting kicked out.

Fact that he couldn't win in his own electorate shows how unpopular he'd become as an individual and not just his party.

In politics, you're only as good as your last election.

Summing up, howard is nothing but

An ex politician fired from his work by his electorate.

As knowledgeable about cricket administration as my mother.

Has displayed shocking lack of tact in relation to cricketing matters.

Nyet.

Sir Alex

Banned
Some of the reactions in this thread are just hilarious. To me it is Aus/NZ turn to nominate the ICC President and it is up to them who they want to nominate. I really don't understand all the fuss especially when India have nominated an Idiot and a corrupt politician like Pawar, who is a disgrace tbh.
Two wrongs doesn't make a right.

Further, terms like 'idiot' 'corrupt' aren't terms to throw away lightly.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Fact that he couldn't win in his own electorate shows how unpopular he'd become as an individual and not just his party.

Nyet.
Give it up dude. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Just say you don't like Howard, run away under your uneducated rock and cut your losses.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Haha Sir Alex, anyone could tell you I'm as from a fan of Howard as you can get, but some of what you're writing is absolute rubbish.

Debris

International 12th Man

Nyet.
I was going to respond to this but I realized that some people are just determined to spew vitriol and nothing you say has any effect on them.

Sir Alex

Banned
Give it up dude. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Just say you don't like Howard, run away under your uneducated rock and cut your losses.
You're yet to provide source where Speed commented on Smith. 8-)

Ha ha, what is this talk about cutting losses and stuff. Don't be childish.

TumTum

Banned
Sir Alex, you know nothing about Howard or our political system, why then pretend that you do?

Howard didn't lose the election because he ran the country into the ground (in-fact thanks to him we have a much better economic system after what Paul Keeting had done). He lost because guys like Kevin Rudd took advantage of a society that wanted "change". There are still many people that disagree but Howard was one of our best PM. When Kevin Rudd took over, Labor had a massive lead over everyone else, but now if you check the polls it is even. And the reason why Kevin is still the preferred PM is because the Liberals keeps selecting dickheads as their leader :laugh:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Sir Alex, you know nothing about Howard or our political system, why then pretend that you do?

Howard didn't lose the election because he ran the country into the ground (in-fact thanks to him we have a much better economic system after what Paul Keeting had done). He lost because guys like Kevin Rudd took advantage of a society that wanted "change". There are still many people that disagree but Howard was one of our best PM. When Kevin Rudd took over, Labor had a massive lead over everyone else, but now if you check the polls it is even. And the reason why Kevin is still the preferred PM is because the Liberals keeps selecting dickheads as their leader :laugh:
IMO, Howard only lost the election due to a very good union campaign against work choices.

Sir Alex really embarrassing himself in this thread