• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in New Zealand

Polo23

International Debutant
T20...yawn.

Interesting to see if Bond still haunts Aus in ODI cricket. Would love for him to still have the wood over Ponting.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I went to the game at the stadium. Shaun Tait was outstanding in his opening spell. The crowd gave it to Tait on the sideline pretty good. He didn't care.

Watson got chirpy with Franklin at one point which the crowd didn't like and started chanting Watto is a wanker. He got the last laugh by taking a wicket with his next ball.

The only two australian bowlers we hit around were Hussey and Christian. I didn't care for Christian's bowling action. It looked awkward.

Warner tried to hit bond out of the attack. And looked like succeeding for a while.

Ingram's dismissal was the most dissapointing of the evening. Didn't move his feet.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Johnson got some real heat from the crowd today. Fuming at that Taylor decision even I could tell it hit out of line in the crowd.

Franklin (Y)

Meridio

International Regular
Feel pretty ripped off with that game. Cost me $40 to get in, was sure it was around $25 just a couple of years ago. Anyway, we were crap. Really, really bad. Didn't look to me like the Australian bowling was that great - we just couldn't hit a thing. Tuffey's, Oram's and McCullum's bowling was all poor too, and to cap it off our fielding was bad. Really disappointed, hope it's not a sign of things to come.

Oh, and our selection really ****s me off.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Feel pretty ripped off with that game. Cost me $40 to get in, was sure it was around $25 just a couple of years ago. Anyway, we were crap. Really, really bad. Didn't look to me like the Australian bowling was that great - we just couldn't hit a thing. Tuffey's, Oram's and McCullum's bowling was all poor too, and to cap it off our fielding was bad. Really disappointed, hope it's not a sign of things to come.

Oh, and our selection really ****s me off.
Prebookings were $20 for students and $30 otherwise.

Tuffeh, Oram and NcCullum were shockers though. Couldn't believe the line NcCullum was tossing them into was just asking to be hit most of the time.

Bond and Vettori showed how much better they were than the other mere mortals though.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry for going slightly off topic but at least there was a student option for the Twenty20 at Wellington, at North Harbour Stadium for the Blues game in the opening round of the Super14 it was either adult or child with no student option (although the adult price of $20 for the stand I was in was hardly unreasonable). Given Massey Albany's university campus is within walking distance I found that to be a bit unusual.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I've never understood why NZ suck so much against pace.
Because we don't have it at domestic level, and those who are aren't consistent or fit enough to keep testing batsmen so they get better.

Though I don't think the actual pace of the ball was the hindering factor; moreso, the hype and fear surrounding it.

T20...yawn.

Interesting to see if Bond still haunts Aus in ODI cricket. Would love for him to still have the wood over Ponting.
Only because in test matches Bond has been thrashed by Ponting, Bond must have nightmares about Ponting.

Bond has never managed to get Pontings wicket in a test match and Ponting has a strike rate over a 100 against Bond in test matches.

But I suppose Bond was never any good in test matches.

Howsie

International Captain
Only because in test matches Bond has been thrashed by Ponting, Bond must have nightmares about Ponting.

Bond has never managed to get Pontings wicket in a test match and Ponting has a strike rate over a 100 against Bond in test matches.

But I suppose Bond was never any good in test matches.
He played two test matches against Australia ffs, and one of them was on a road where 5 or 6 100's were hit. Not to mention it was his first test series.

All that matters is that Ponting averaged about 10 in one day cricket when Bond was in the opposing team.

He played two test matches against Australia ffs, and one of them was on a road where 5 or 6 100's were hit. Not to mention it was his first test series.

All that matters is that Ponting averaged about 10 in one day cricket when Bond was in the opposing team.
You dont know what you are talking about. Learn how to find out facts before you post.

Ponting has never played in a test match with Bnd where there has been 5 or 6 hundreds have been hit so thats lie number one.

Ponting did play in a test match where there were two hundreds scored but one of them was Pontings 157 where he smashed Bond repeatedly out of the attack.

Ponting averages over 100 in test matches involving Bond.

Howsie I'm going to let you post Pontings average in ODI's in matches involving Bond, but somehow I dont think you will be making any more posts in this thread for a while at least.

Last edited:

student

Cricket Spectator
cricket study

Hi,
I am currently doing my final year project at university. The study is about atmosphere and the difference in atmosphere between sports. I need some people to participate in the study who are good cricket fans. It has recieved all ethical approval needed and only takes about 5 minutes to do, as it is a couple of questionaires. If you would like to do it please follow/use the link below:

Atmosphere at Sporting Events Survey

Thanks.

btw watto is a wanker

student

Cricket Spectator
lol, to be honest I'm just a jealous pomme he is awsomely brilliant and I think I would have his attitude if I had his ability!