• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in India

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What a game!! What a win!!! To do it with this kind of a bowling attack on a good pitch is no joke...

And Amla, what a treat!!! Hopefully this will catapult him to the next level as a test batsman and he can keep on improving unlike all Indian Promising Medium Pacers..

SS, I think it is time to bring out your wheel of mediocrity avatar anyways.. They are all mediocre and the one that isn't mediocre keeps getting injured.. :(

irfan

State Captain
**** YEAHHHHHHHH!! Chak De Indiaaaa :wub: Harby & Mishy

Awesome stuff - can't wait for the highlights on CricFire

Really feel for Amla - absolutely immense this series

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Is cricinfo not working for anyone else now. Doesn't seem to be refreshing or able to change the page away from the test

Dissector

International Debutant
This is the third innings victory against a strong batting side in recent months. This bowling attack isn't great on paper but it has consistently managed to get the job done even on good batting surfaces. After the first test and the first couple of sessions here I had my doubts but you can't argue with the result.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
India has always been very good at home. When they do it away is when you should start praising the bowlers.

irfan

State Captain
This is the third innings victory against a strong batting side in recent months. This bowling attack isn't great on paper but it has consistently managed to get the job done even on good batting surfaces. After the first test and the first couple of sessions here I had my doubts but you can't argue with the result.
Still hugely dependent on Zak and Harby for mine - need a consistent third wicket-taker

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
TBH, they have done comparitively better away from home in recent years... The only real question mark remaining for me would be RSA and Australia and maybe Sri Lanka.. Thankfully, 2 out of those 3 will be happening this year. :)

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I think the SA batsman played the wrong tactics towards the end, instead of trying to get Amla on strike as much as possible they decided to play an over each, so with Morkel having to face six balls each time he was always gonna get caught out in the end, England have become experts at holding on and i think they might have held out in that situation too, Inda faught back well no doubt but i can't help but feel that SA got a little big headed after they romped the first test, and if you get big headed you can lose focus. with Steyn and Kallis not being able to impose themselves in the 2nd test it was always gonna be hard.

chicane

State Captain
Our bowlers also won us a test in SA last time. But we need one more fast bowler to step up or the attack will be found wanting.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
8-) England, New Zealand, West Indies even Australia (we were robbd)...

By the way what was "Indian" about this wicket?
If you were robbed in Australia you got way out of jail in England, swings and roundabouts and all that

Shame there aren't a couple more Tests in this series hey, could have been interesting

Briony

International Debutant
SA probably would have settled for the drawn series prior to going to India had they known that four of their batsmen virtually weren't going to turn up. You can't win a series with only one or two batsmen contributing. Especially when one match is played on a road on which the opposition capitalise. Some SA batsmen seem to have technical problems. Have they someone on staff who can sort out their batting problems? Isn't Corrie V. a bowler?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Had a lot of fun. Awesome session. I even came on the camera (was wearing a brown t-shirt) when the camera men focussed behind them but I don't know whether they showed it on the TV or not. Test cricket is the real winner of this series.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Did South Africa throw it away? Maybe...

All said and done, you have to hand it to Harbhajan. He's had to face excessive criticism in the recent past, owing to relatively sub-par performances over short durations, without support, on flat decks. When the match was headed for a tame draw, he took that last wicket, the one that mattered. Often heckled for being in the team only on past performances, he has often taken wickets that count, and change a match. Many of the so-called promising youngsters, including some who are supposed to replace him, need the team to play for them. Yet again, Harbhajan has played for the team, and the sooner that is recognised, the better.