• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afridi The Cheat Strikes again

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Like an Australian team that's been leaning on and intimidating umpires for as long as I've followed cricket, as well as claiming grassed catches, wouldn't do something similarly dodgy in regards to the ball.

andyc

Like an Australian team that's been leaning on and intimidating umpires for as long as I've followed cricket, as well as claiming grassed catches, wouldn't do something similarly dodgy in regards to the ball.
Yay for completely baseless and unconfirmed inflammatory posts!

HGB1892

Cricket Spectator
Introducing the Shahid Afridi Seat. Rumour has it he uses this while playing on Brian Lara on his PS2

Scaly piscine

Why do people have to resort ot lies. Does Australias success upset you so much that you resort to lying to discredit them only to make yourself look like such a fool.
Hmm okay you're an idiot. Been a while since I added someone to ignore.

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
Fact. Yes.

Fact. Yes.

Perfectly reasonable extension of logic. No.
Please expand more on this wonderful, but fallicious slippery slope argument argument that appealing for grassed catches leads to the rational conclusion one should eat a cricket ball in front of a live and massive TV audience.

Scaly piscine

Err no it leads to the conclusion that one or more of the Australian team would tamper with the ball. I reckon most teams will have done it to some degree, I don't see why Australia would be excluded from it given their recent history.

Err no it leads to the conclusion that one or more of the Australian team would tamper with the ball. I reckon most teams will have done it to some degree, I don't see why Australia would be excluded from it given their recent history.
Considering their recent history is they have never tampered with the ball the only thing you can conclude from that is they dont tamper with the ball.

So Asif tested positive to steriods and then was caught with drugs in a airport so we can conclude he is smuggling drugs to countries where he plays. This sounds very logical to you I assume.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Considering their recent history is they have never tampered with the ball
Never been caught tampering with the ball.

The suggestion that Australians have unequivocally not tampered with balls is as ludicrous as the suggestion that they have. Anyone contending they've clearly never done it has as little clue as anyone contending they probably have.

Never been caught tampering with the ball.

The suggestion that Australians have unequivocally not tampered with balls is as ludicrous as the suggestion that they have. Anyone contending they've clearly never done it has as little clue as anyone contending they probably have.
No its simpler than that, We dont say Flitoff was a ball tamperer and cheat because he has never been caught or charged with ball tampering, do you consider it acceptable to call him a ball tamperer because it is not proven that he did not.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No its simpler than that, We dont say Flitoff was a ball tamperer and cheat because he has never been caught or charged with ball tampering, do you consider it acceptable to call him a ball tamperer because it is not proven that he did not.
If you look carefully I said that it is not acceptable to call anyone a ball-tamperer unless they've been found to have used sharp objects or vaseline (or equivalent) on a ball. However it is equally laughable to say that because someone has not been caught doing something that this automatically means they haven't done it.

Kensashi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
2 match ban is ridiculous, imo! But then again, Madugalle probably didn't want to take the risk of following Bob Woolmer.

What bout Naved and Asif? They get off scot free! Ideally, Afridi should've been sent off for the rest of the match and Pakistan docked 20 runs at least.

Shameful!

dikinee

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I am very proudly Australian, I am a big fan of Ricky Ponting but if I saw him biting at the cricket ball I would want him banned for life. There is no place in our game for blatantly dishonest people. Someone who is dishonest enough to cheat is certainly capable of other acts of dishonesty. I recently had my wallet and phone stolen from my kit while batting. The only people with access to the change rooms were players and coaches so for all I know it may have been one of my own team. Whoever it was we should do everything possible to remove dishonest people from the cricket community. My opinion is anyone who supports ball tampering puts a huge question mark over their own character and should think a bit harder before they speak.