• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SA set to dominate world cricket in 4 or 6 years with all rounders

jboss

Banned
SA have always had a strength in all round talent, but given the current crop of player making a name for themselves and being optemistic, I can see a seriously powerhouse team being gfown in SA. If we were to look at todays team and find a player that would replace certain players in it we could well have a team like this:

1)Smith (will stay)
2)Elgar(replaces Prince) and can bowl
3)Rossouw(replaces Amla) and can bowl but need to work on it
4)Weise(seems to be heading towards a direct Kallis replacement)
5)AB(will still be there)
6)JP(will still be there) and can bowl
7)Kuhn
8)Smuts replaces Harro. I think SA may lose the full time spinner and use Smuts with assistance from Elgar and JP. This would mean that they have strength in variation and out of the 3 bowlers, one should be able to get purchase on a wicket. If he does not make team then Kobus Pienaar possibly.
9)Obus Pienaar
10)Philander
11)Steyn

Thats a serioulsy long batting list with decent bowling for any continent.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
But I thought that England was stealing all of your good players? Oh and of course Test cricket will be dead by then as well.

bryce

International Regular
Why replace Amla he's only 26 and isn't he meant to be Smith's successor? Yet you include Kuhn who is about the same age as Amla? Then leave out the likes of M.Morkel, Parnell, Van de Merwe and even someone like Vandiar... Very interesting

jboss

Banned
Why replace Amla he's only 26 and isn't he meant to be Smith's successor? Yet you include Kuhn who is about the same age as Amla? Then leave out the likes of M.Morkel, Parnell, Van de Merwe and even someone like Vandiar... Very interesting
because i said in 4 to 6 years and Rossouw is a better batsman then Amla and Vandiar will not be matture enough possibly given that our selectors don't like to pick 24 year olds (look at elgar for proof). Kuhn will play as our next keeper. Morkell has to prove himself and continues to fail to do so and I would pick Philander over morkell any day given his consistent form and his econ of 2.5 that builds pressue. He can also score more runs than Morkell. Parnell has had as much opportunity as the other to make a name for himself in 4 day format but the others are edging ahead. If he plays though, just adds another allrounder

Last edited:

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
I see the following 2016 team. We are playing with sparkly pink balls and it's now 2 day tests.

1) Smith. Will struggle for form in 2013 and almost be dropped for the next Aussie series in 2014. He comes back and scores 107 in the 3rd test which wins them the series. There's talks about his retirement.
2) Snijman. After a horrible 2010 season with the Titans, he sorts out his technique and scores three triple centuries in a row and gives him a chance in the SA A team. He scores a hundred and wins a spot in the lineup on 25 May 2012. He goes on to average 60 onwards.
3)Amla. Yes he's there just for JBoss. In 2016 he averages 18. He had 10 ducks in a row in 2011 but the selectors keep him because they read this thread.
4) Smith. Joe Smith but he's only 13 now. Just wait til he starts playing first class cricket. Hes a prodigy.
5) AB. AB goes on and averages 100 until 2016. He will average 78.346 by that time.
6) After Duminy's failure to play the short ball, he gets killed by Atul Sharma in the boxing day test against India in 2014. His replacement is Kallis who comes out of retirement at 40 years old. He still bowls too.
7) Keiswetter(wk). Yes, he forsakes England and comes back to SA after playing 2 tests for them. He waits 4 years for the opportunity and in 2015 he makes his debut.
8) Morne Morkel. After giving up on his pace bowling, he turns to leg spin to resurrect his career. He still bowls many no balls not because he oversteps but because his action is controversial.
9) Harris. He finally figures out that he's tall and starts bowling left arm fast medium in 2014.
10) Another prodigy. He'll be good I promise.
11) Steyn. He's now bowling 130 kph and he heads to the end of his fast bowling career. He still sucks in ODIs.

And no, we won't be dominating cricket because we'll choke in the final of 2011 and 2015 WCs.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
6) After Duminy's failure to play the short ball, he gets killed by Atul Sharma in the boxing day test against India in 2014. His replacement is Kallis who comes out of retirement at 40 years old. He still bowls too.
LOL'd hard :lol: