• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Second Semi-Final: New Zealand vs. Pakistan

Xuhaib

International Coach
Good to see the FTB's getting exposed on a track that offered bounce above waist height, really happy for Ajmal,Aamir and U.Akmal the latter two have the talents to be real stars for atleast a decade and also congratz to NZL hope we get a good final:)

Xuhaib

International Coach
Younis Khan was a liability to his side in this tournament imo. Made a grand total of 53 runs and was clearly in discomfort because of his injury. Went for personal glory by playing in matches though he was adviced a 4 week rest(some may call it 'selflessness' and other shiznit though) and cost his side the trophy by not contributing with the bat and dropping a important catch in the semifinal. Should have let a fitter batsman replace him.
maybe we wanted to retire from odi's after this tournament.:laugh:

Xuhaib

International Coach
I also agree that it was just one poster. And thought the rest of the posters were great despite being tested by a poor umpiring decision. I think a little bit of venting is fine. If we get a shocker in the final I will say something.

Also - I thought the Pakistanis bowling was classy - I was intimidated by the spin twins and think we will have our hands full will they tour here. And thought the young 17 year old looked classy too.
Yeah we need to lock him in a room with Wasim for a couple of years and we could have something really special on our hands.

99*

International Debutant
Prime news just reported that Younis Khan's dropped catch is under investigation by the ICC anti-corruption group.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Reckon he just bollocksed it TBH, looked pretty damn embarrassed and his body language was getting frantic when we were on top in those last few overs.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Prime news just reported that Younis Khan's dropped catch is under investigation by the ICC anti-corruption group.
haha...what rubbish btw the dropped catch was not the game changer it was the poor Pakistan batting effort, the game was gone by the time of that catch.

99*

International Debutant
Yeah, I don't think there is anything in it at all. He (Khan) said he tried to catch it like that to protect a fractured finger, which is a good enough reason to try to catch it like that I guess.

Just really weird that it is being investigated.

Flem274*

123/5
Pakistan are always investigated when they lose finals. Its like they're expected to win every tournament if they make it to the semis.

Actualy scratch that, they're investigated every tournament regardless of where they come.

They really have managed to get a reputation somehow. They've had their fair share of match fixing and cheating douches sure, but you don't see South Africa under investigation for their early exit.

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
Sounds like a steaming pile of crap.
Is this being reported anywhere else, let alone anywhere reputable?

I was told it was on the NZ Herald too, but they have the same (dodgy?) Indian newspaper (Ahmedabad Mirror) as their source.
Why would some random Indian paper break the story first?

It reads like an opinion piece:
Betting whiff, News - Sports - Ahmedabad Mirror,Ahmedabad Mirror

More sensationalist journalism BS if you ask me.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan were clearly outplayed no doubt about that..yes Umar Akmal's decision did perhaps change the match but umpiring mistakes are part and parcel of the game and you have to live with it untill ICC incorporates more technology.
On the other hand, Pakistan really were let down by their top order...Kamran Akmal, Imran Nazir and Shoaib Mallik were shown their true colours by quality seam bowling by Bond and Butler.. This is why Pakistan need to stop relying on these make shift openers and number 3 batsmen and look to groom proper openers. Younis has to bat at 3, I dont care how many runs Shoaib Mallik scores against medium pacers on flat tracks...he is simply not good enough to be a number 3 batsman.
Mohd Yousuf really needs to look at the pace of his innings.. One of his best qualities in ODI was his ability to score briskly without taking risks but his strikerate against NZ was just dreadful.

Bowling couldnt have done much...233 was always going to be difficult to defend but there is no excuse for bowling no balls during a power play when New Zealand are like 40 runs short from 6 overs. Thats just unacceptable, lazy, irresponsible behaviour.
In the end, New Zealand clearly deserved to win and finally break their semi final jinx against Pakistan!

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Vettori out with an injury, McCullum out without a single run and now Redmond.
If the boys manage to slightly increase their runrate and play the 50 overs, then they still make a change.

GOOO Blackcaps

brackenNY

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sounds like a steaming pile of crap.
Is this being reported anywhere else, let alone anywhere reputable?

I was told it was on the NZ Herald too, but they have the same (dodgy?) Indian newspaper (Ahmedabad Mirror) as their source.
Why would some random Indian paper break the story first?

It reads like an opinion piece:
Betting whiff, News - Sports - Ahmedabad Mirror,Ahmedabad Mirror

More sensationalist journalism BS if you ask me.
Ahmedabad Mirror. What a distinguished and reputable paper. :laugh:

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
What? The one where it may have clipped leg bail?
It pitched in line and hit him on the back foot.....it would have taken middle and leg...not clipping the leg bail....if you play cricket and i mean hardball cricket, that is PLUMB OUT.....what probably became a reason for the ump not to give out was too much foolish appealing........But Taufel was "freakishly" ordinary in this game........

Faisal1985

SUCKED IN. :laugh:

BC's missed a tonne of run out chances they would normally get, so, your crap house team was lucky to have gotten to where they were.

Pakistan team has no bottle mate - much like your postings.

To remind you - enjoy not being in the final.
You must be a Kiwi.......i don't want to start disrespecting countries or teams here and i suggest you don't either.....Naumaan is using the wrong way to condemn that Umar's decision........

BTW.....NZ is getting an a** whopping right now....and i think Taufel is not their to give a helping hand.....

Faisal1985

Great Performance by NZ. They outbowled, outbatted and most importantly outfielded Pakistan today despite being the weaker team overall(at least in batting, bowling).

Very happy for NZ fans, they really deserve this a lot.

I am happy that Pak team gave you something to cheer about after you had to go home and watch the Champions Trophy on TV.

Last edited:

Faisal1985

Younis Khan was a liability to his side in this tournament imo. Made a grand total of 53 runs and was clearly in discomfort because of his injury. Went for personal glory by playing in matches though he was adviced a 4 week rest(some may call it 'selflessness' and other shiznit though) and cost his side the trophy by not contributing with the bat and dropping a important catch in the semifinal. Should have let a fitter batsman replace him.
Thank you for sensible criticism......rather than just saying Pak is trash...........appreciate it.

Faisal1985

Not trolling. Giving him a piece of my mind for being such a poor loser, just like a number of other Pakistani posters here. You guys would do well to act like your players - see how gracious they were when they lost - and they had a lot more invested in the game than you guys.

I'll reiterate the point that Pakistan were lucky to have gotten past 200, considering how many missed fielding chances the NZ team made.

Outplayed and outclassed my friends. :cool:

W'll see who's the loser in UAE and when we visit you in your back yard......

Faisal1985

Umar cleared of Champions Trophy dissent

Monday, 05 Oct, 2009
font-size small font-size largefont-sizeprintemail share
Umar Akmal was adjudged LBW by umpire Simon Taufel even though replays showed that the batsman had clearly edged the ball. -Photo by AP
Cricket
Get ready for big moments, Ponting tells team
MEDIA GALLERY
Stage set for Champions Trophy final

JOHANNESBURG: Pakistan batsman Umar Akmal was found not guilty Sunday of dissent during the Champions Trophy semi-final loss to New Zealand, an International Cricket Council statement said.

The charge was brought by umpires Ian Gould and Simon Taufel, TV umpire Daryl Harper and reserve umpire Steve Davis after Umar reacted angrily to a leg-before decision against him.

Disciplinary hearing convenor Javagal Srinath said: ‘Umar's reaction at being dismissed at such a crucial phase of the innings was more of disappointment than anything else.

‘Having been in these situations I understand how a player reacts or can express himself, but I don't think there was anything other than disappointment in this incident.’

Source: Dawn News.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* And on top of that you report him.............i don't know i have started to feel right about what Nauman had been calling Taufel.......

Its one thing to make a terrible decision and regret it.....which is fine.......and another when you try to rub salt on the wounds...

I have seen worse decision making in very crucial moements of many games....it is part of cricket but....and now after 2 days from the semi, i don't feel the same about that decision. However, Taufel has lost all his respect in my eyes by reporting Umar for dissent.

That was low blow Taufel a real LOW BLOW....Umar in no way made that gesture to the ump.......no way that he disrespected the ump......this was just a very cheap thing to do...

Last edited:

Faisal1985

SUCKED IN. :laugh:

BC's missed a tonne of run out chances they would normally get, so, your crap house team was lucky to have gotten to where they were.

Pakistan team has no bottle mate - much like your postings.

To remind you - enjoy not being in the final.

NOVEMBER 3 MATE.....................NOVEMBER 3................i am just waiting....... :@