• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England T20s and ODIs

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I rate Shah as a limited overs player tbh. currently 21*(31) with no boundaries.
Scores just as quickly as the rest of the side without hitting boundaries, IMO he's one of, if not the, best at rotating the strike. Hitting gaps etc etc. Just a shame he can't run for sugar.

pup11

International Coach
Why the **** is Ponting back in Australia?

I love the guy like a brother, but seriously if he's going to come home in the middle of ODI and T20 tours (like he did against Pakistan where he skipped the whole tour back in March and like he's done here) then I really think they should hand the captaincy to Clarke in the shorter forms of the game, which would give him some experience for when he inevitably assumes the Test reins in a couple of years.

Ponting is paid to play cricket, and in my view should not be coming home in the middle of tours, particularly after already having had a six week break earlier in the year after the SA tour.
Yeah i heard he was back for a quick family visit. Poor form imo missing a couple of matches and not being with the team after losing a series. Poor leadership.
Tbf to him, its not Ponting' decision to come back, he has been told by CA to do so, in the wake of the number of games we're supposed to play in the upcoming months, anyways he would be back before the 1st ODI against England to lead the side, so its not such a big issue for mine.

Anyways, I think England have got their batting line-up slightly wrong here, would prefer Bopara batting at 3, with Denly and Wright opening the innings, can then have Trott at 4 and Collingwood at 5, and use Prior as a floater in the middle order.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Shah out, here's Luke Wright to save the day

My excuse is that we rested key players :ph34r:

Scaly piscine

Shah getting out it is.

Oh and is he bollocks one of England's best at rotating the strike. He's very two-paced. He is either scoring a run every two balls or hitting two runs every ball. When the late hitting comes off you don't notice it, when it fails he leaves you in a hole.

Scaly piscine

Top stuff England.

Take the powerplay too early and then when you inevitably lose wickets it's ****ing wasted.

Scaly piscine

Missed stumping on Rashid. I mean just how thick are England? Rashid has a lot of talent clearly but he just doesn't have the experience or brains to bat in situations like a powerplay (or the death). Wright takes a while to get in, by the time he is the powerplay will have finished.

Swann has pretty much from ball one hit the Aussies around in the Ashes.

Scaly piscine

Rashid 7 off 17...

Totally stupid having him bat above Swann and Bresnan. Even if you go along the 'wanted to have a look at his batting' train of thought it's still ridiculous.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Wright's cameo has given England at least something to bowl at but they haven't got much in the way of bowling.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Rashid 7 off 17...

Totally stupid having him bat above Swann and Bresnan. Even if you go along the 'wanted to have a look at his batting' train of thought it's still ridiculous.
Should have been batting top five then. Rashid can't do any worse than Prior and Colly at the moment.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Wicket is apparently pretty decent for batting. Some exceptional catches taken by the Irish.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Covers on and heavy rain is expected later this afternoon. That will only suit Ireland if it becomes a D/L game.