• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Sri Lanka

pup11

International Coach
Abdul Qadir is Sarfraz Nawaz mark II.

Sometimes its good to admit that Pakistan is just good enough. Pakistan has remained barely competitve in this decade due to the heroics of Inzi,Yusuf nd Younis. The only time the team has looked world class for a brief period is when these 3 were backed by Shoaib and Asif with Kaneria and Akmal enjoy their peak form apart from this the results has been largely patchy.

Guys like Misbah, Malik and Butt are limited and they were found out in seaming conditions and unfortunatley both Younis and Yusuf had their first bad series in 4 years and the problems compounded.
These allegations have mainly surfaced because of the reports that some bookies were staying in the same hotel in Sri Lanka, where the Pakistani players were staying, and rumor has it, that they have even tried to interact with the players, on top of all of this, Pakistan's dismal performance on this tour has given further chance to people like Qadir
to talk ****.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Seems like Pak have got a little gem in Akmal junior. Yousuf and Misbah on their last legs though...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yousuf did ok-ish in tests Misbah should be dumped.
Yeah. I'll keep Yousuf for the tests, especially as he has unfinished business against the Australians (average to correct...) but I can't see what he brings to the ODI side.

Back-to-back half-centuries for Akmal.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
i am not going to deny a gut feeling about Misbah and Malik underperforming intentionally. Its a long history of Pak cricket that their have been groups with in the team and these groupings have caused great harm in the past...
If you really watched all the matches,ask your conscience if what Faisal1985 said is totally wrong?
Now,even Abdul Qadir has advised the board to do a thorough inquiry.
If this is what your conscience told you then I must tell you 'your conscience is so full of ****.' Nonsense like this has harmed Pakistani cricket and its young cricketers more than anything.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I still think Misbah should be in the Test team. Frankly, I don't care how old he is; he's still one of the best middle order bats in Pakistan. I know he hasn't been particularly good lately but I'm still convinced of that. I probably wouldn't bother with him in ODIs though.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I still think Misbah should be in the Test team. Frankly, I don't care how old he is; he's still one of the best middle order bats in Pakistan. I know he hasn't been particularly good lately but I'm still convinced of that. I probably wouldn't bother with him in ODIs though.
This. He is nowhere near as good as he was a couple of years ago in limited overs so should be dumped from T20 and ODIs only. He can still provide a lot of stability in Tests.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
It was pure **** death bowling from SL, specially from Malinga. I am worried whether he's carrying an injury. SL should play the full stength team for 5th ODI.

Jayasuriya, Tharanga, Sangakka, Jayawardane, Kandambi, Kapugedara, Mathews, Kulasekara, Bandara, Malinga, Murali

Thushara can have a rest. Samaraweera looks like not good enough to play ODI

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
What is your opinion of the SL selection? The team looked well-balanced, with five bowling options and batting till nine, with a strong top six. The bowling, particularly the pacers, fell apart, notably in the final overs, but the lack of a proper fifth bowler may have been a factor on a pitch so flat in the first innings. A partnership developed in the middle-overs, which let them run away with the innings and then choke the team batting second.

They also need to take a call on some top six batsmen. At least two of them don't look like they can make an impact here, but with Sanath missing these matches, they've got few options in this squad.

AaronK

State Regular
Not a goood cricket there by Sanga...
no wonder... i love the guy.. he is awsome .. but what he did was totally far far from good sportmanship..

Anyways... younis gone.. call it loss of concentration.. but good innings..

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Not a goood cricket there by Sanga...
no wonder... i love the guy.. he is awsome .. but what he did was totally far far from good sportmanship..

Anyways... younis gone.. call it loss of concentration.. but good innings..
disguisting stuff from Sanga should be made to miss a few games this behaviour is just not acceptable.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
He should do the sledging bit more tactfully. Rather than going at full volume, he can remind Younus to keep wlking when he nicks it game after game.

AaronK

State Regular
^ He argued with younis for not walking out after a close decision wasn't given by Umpire..he literally yelling at the guy..

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, that's the point. He should have given him a silent "f**k off cheat" when the over was over and should have kept reminding that he's a cheat in future encounters as well. (I have no prejudice that Younus has cheated or not). That would have been more fruitful for the future than arguing nd shouting.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Yes, that's the point. He should have given him a silent "f**k off cheat" when the over was over and should have kept reminding that he's a cheat in future encounters as well. (I have no prejudice that Younus has cheated or not). That would have been more fruitful for the future than arguing nd shouting.
no edge ftr.