• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL hurting the international game

brockley

International Captain
According to the article flem there appears no mention of the CH.
Meaning its been cut for a year or cut by the nzcb,which is a shame its a money spinner.
In the international callender for aussies no mention of the CH gather it would have been played in nz.

pasag

RTDAS
the ICC just need to create a window in the calendar for the IPL its just going to affect to many of the poorer cricket nations ie nz, wi, pak, srl.. etc..
But now the IPL is looking for a second event every year and more teams which will equal more games and a longer tournament. Maybe the ICC should look for a window for international cricket, say two weeks at the end of October :ph34r:

Polo23

International Debutant
I wish the IPL would piss off and die. How anyone can prefer that rubbish to international cricket is beyond me.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I wish the IPL would piss off and die. How anyone can prefer that rubbish to international cricket is beyond me.
Yeah its difficult for people outside the sub-continent to connect with since this tournament is new and doesn't have a lot of history. It could get better with time I guess.

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
Oh FFS

Even if we have to field NZ A for the 3rd test, I don't want to see the test series royally shafted by the cancer that is the IPL.
Flaming "senior" players :disgust:, bunch of ****s.

Flem274*

123/5
tbf, if it happened in the CH, it would only be what Australia do to us most of the time, which is send over only half the full team because the rest need a rest.

But yeah, hold the third test and if some debutant kicks ass, then tough luck for the guy who wanted money over country.

Howsie

International Captain
So are these six players going to pay the other 6-10 guys missing out on a possible 8K for playing in the 3rd test match?

****ing joke if you ask me, I would be totally pissed if I was a McIntosh or Flynn or Patel.

brockley

International Captain
More worried about the chappell hadlee series,no mention of it,worried it dead and buried now.
2 tests hmm,we we're probably heading that way with nz anyway,australia played 2 tests vs nz in australia.
Its not a biggy 8 for 1.
I think IPl should get a window personally but the icc thinks otherwise.They are organising the FTP and their is no window.
Don't see how we can have IPL2 every year,incrediable arrogance by modi,most teams play 8/9 months a year,plus teams have a 6 month domestic comp.
Dunno how ipl3 will go,in march well dunno about nz but aussie state sides won't release players for it,neither will s africa.Good luck modi.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Don't see how we can have IPL2 every year,incrediable arrogance by modi,most teams play 8/9 months a year,plus teams have a 6 month domestic comp.
Dunno how ipl3 will go,in march well dunno about nz but aussie state sides won't release players for it,neither will s africa.Good luck modi.
If that happens we will have the Champions League scenario. The concerned IPL franchise will pay the concerned Oz state side or the RSA state side a certain amount of money to get the services of a particular player.

brockley

International Captain
fair point metallica,but if teams are still incoention for the pura cup final,there will be no chance in hell.
From memory there are 2/3 shield rouns in march +pura cup final at the end of march.
The s africa season goes to the 2nd week of apil.

Shri

Mr. Glass
fair point metallica,but if teams are still incoention for the pura cup final,there will be no chance in hell.
From memory there are 2/3 shield rouns in march +pura cup final at the end of march.
The s africa season goes to the 2nd week of apil.
Think about the improvement to infrastructure that can take place in the concerned Oz, Nz, S.African or any nation's club sides if they get a good amount from the IPL franchises in return for using foriegn players. It could indirectly benefit the concerned country by producing a good player in the future.:)

My idea for the IPL to be successful is to give a fraction of the money to the national cricket boards of other nations to acquire the services of their players and to also make a window for the tournament in the fututre.

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
Fair idea metallica you have good ideas.
IPL in essence worked season 1 and 2 as it did not clash with domestic seasons,next year could be a real trouble.
April is the best time for ipl.
I dunno how things will go metallics,symbolicy playing for the sheffield shield rates pretty highly here.
Some players maybe keen,but it goes back to the boards who make the decisions because all state players are contracted.Some earn up to 100-140 K a season.
I guess its a thing of wait and see what happens really.
If modi was under pressure ipl 2,he will be under greater pressure ipl 3.
Outisde national players the only 2 countries who provide domestic players apart from india are s africa and australia.
But the bcci do have close reltions with cricket australia and cricket south africa.
Another factor is the club championships is in october so victoria and new south wales won't be able to play aussie domestic season in october,so they will have to catch up sometime.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Think about the improvement to infrastructure that can take place in the concerned Oz, Nz, S.African or any nation's club sides if they get a good amount from the IPL franchises in return for using foriegn players. It could indirectly benefit the concerned country by producing a good player in the future.:)

My idea for the IPL to be successful is to give a fraction of the money to the national cricket boards of other nations to acquire the services of their players and to also make a window for the tournament in the fututre.
Hmm interesiting idea theoretically. The boards of WI, SRI, PAK, NZ could DEFIANTELY use some IPL cash.

But its still doesn't solve the underlying problem that the ICC needs to become governing body. Players could still want to not play test cricket under that format.

There needs to be a control over the HYPE of T20. The mindset needs to be quickly reversed back to Test>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>T20, via strict regulars and rules from a governing body.

frdsmth9

Cricket Spectator
It has PROS and CONS, from IPL , youngsters are able to be judged about their performance and can get selected in International format.

There is a lot of worrying about the injuries for playing so many matches in IPL.

Pigeon

Banned
:yawn:

Test cricket alone cannot fund the game and retain top talent on a global scale. IPL has the cash and intervenes in the schedule only for a month or two in a year. It must be given a window and that should solve all problems. **** the ODIs.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Please not a window... even though I loved watching the IPL. But a whole six weeks/two months of the year with no other cricket going on, that's bad. Not even the World Cup should get that long.