• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Blog - http://www.cricketweb.net/blog/asheshq/

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
More like a quote I heard ages ago, the subject of which I can't even remember. An old poet was sent a letter asking "How old <poet's name>?" His reply; "Old <poet's name> well. How you?" Tickled me.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nanny nanny, poo poo, we've got more spinners than you
Who came up with that line? Surely not Dickinson, I'm guessing Corrin.

How much linkage and how much of your own material do you lads plan on doing during the blog? I don't mind the linkage at all, saves me time looking for good articles.

Top_Cat

Who came up with that line? Surely not Dickinson, I'm guessing Corrin.
Sadly, it's all mine. If it helps, I imagined myself as Corrin, like I always do when trying to write something funny. :wub:

How much linkage and how much of your own material do you lads plan on doing during the blog? I don't mind the linkage at all, saves me time looking for good articles.
No firm guidelines, from what I've read in Staff. Depends on the mood of whoever writes it. Anything could happen! I love the idea, myself. Will's already justified his salary for mine.

I like linking, though. Cricinfo's 'The Surfer' is fantastic.

Uppercut

Just posted a detailed breakdown comparison of the sides.

I promise I'll do something more fun next time.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Enjoyed this line:
In the week which saw Michael Jackson depart for an enigmatic 50, it was somehow appropriate that Mike Hussey shrugged off his year-long impersonation of a zombie from the "Thriller" clip to post an off-the-wall 140 odd not out (sorry).
Turns out even fitting that he was out for an even 150.

The articles have been fantastic so far.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Great piece, completely agree
Puts far too negative a spin on things for me. Yes, he's only taken six wickets in a tour match, but if one were pro Harmison one could equally say he's taken double the amount of either of his seam rivals have managed in their last outings. &, whilst it's obviously UC's own opinion, I really don't think of Harmison as a man who doesn't ever make one feel he's going to take test wickets when he comes on. It becomes immediately apparent if it's good Harmy or bad Harmy who's turned up when he's bowled his first couple of deliveries, but he has taken over 200 of them, so the hope is always there in my mind. It's a faint hope often tho and picking him is really dependent on whether the selectors are minded to gamble.