• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL auction prices

PhoenixFire

International Coach
So after this tournament and when the next IPL comes around, who do you think will have increased/decreased in value because of their performances in the 20-20 WC?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Wasn't Umar Gul one of the cheaper players after being the best bowler in the last WC? Could it be different this time?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Shake up is after next IPL, I believe. Unless there's a dramatic turn around in the performances of some of the players next year, looks like:

Going south: Ishant, Uthappa, Kaif (unless KKR decide to beef up their Indian batting), Flintoff,

Going up: Kumble, Hayden, Gilchrist, Warne, Yuvraj, Yusuf, Irfan, Dilshan, DeVilliers, RP,

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Based on T20 WC performance.

Up: van der Merwe, Gul, Mendis, Bravo, Afridi, Dilshan, AB, Younis Khan

Down: Morkel, Oram, Collingwood, Dhoni, Smith

New names: Simmons, Parnell, Udana, McCullum

pup11

International Coach
Most of the blokes who are curretnly playing in the IPL already have 3 year contracts with their respective franchises, so most of these blokes get the same amount of money during the period of their contract, so fluctuations in form won't really effect their salaries for now.

Though likes of Parnell, Guptill, Afridi, Gul, Mohd.Amir, and other such blokes, who don't have a contract with the IPL yet, are set to rake in lots of money.

pup11

International Coach
That's my point, he was arguably the best bowler of the last WC as well.
AWTA, Lets hope both Indian and Pakistani governments reach some sort of an understanding and allow Pakistani players to participate in the next year's IPL, would be shame if they aren't allowed to do so.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
AWTA, Lets hope both Indian and Pakistani governments reach some sort of an understanding and allow Pakistani players to participate in the next year's IPL, would be shame if they aren't allowed to do so.
it's nothing about allowing them to play, actually they have to see the ground realities, they just couldn't play in IPL this time cuz indian people could not have accepted them, or some groups. Therefore it was in the interests of both countries that Pakistani players didn't play

Smith

Banned
it's nothing about allowing them to play, actually they have to see the ground realities, they just couldn't play in IPL this time cuz indian people could not have accepted them, or some groups. Therefore it was in the interests of both countries that Pakistani players didn't play
You forget that Pakistan initiated the strife by imposing a No travel to India on Pakistani players. BCCI replied in kind.

Indian public hardly cares for such trivialities. There is a huge section of fans here who cheer for Pakistan when they play some other country than India (yours truly included).The decision was completely political and need not necessarily reflect the Indian public's attitude towards Pakistani cricket.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
You forget that Pakistan initiated the strife by imposing a No travel to India on Pakistani players. BCCI replied in kind.

Indian public hardly cares for such trivialities. There is a huge section of fans here who cheer for Pakistan when they play some other country than India (yours truly included).The decision was completely political and need not necessarily reflect the Indian public's attitude towards Pakistani cricket.
It was India who first cancelled the test series with Pakistan. I personally feel things should cool down more before any cricketing contact gets re established between the two nations. Good to see good fan base in India for Pakistan and it was quite visible during ICL.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Most of the blokes who are curretnly playing in the IPL already have 3 year contracts with their respective franchises, so most of these blokes get the same amount of money during the period of their contract, so fluctuations in form won't really effect their salaries for now.

Though likes of Parnell, Guptill, Afridi, Gul, Mohd.Amir, and other such blokes, who don't have a contract with the IPL yet, are set to rake in lots of money.
I hope Aamir is kept away from the IPL circus atleast for the time being don't want him to get overburdened atleast till the time his body and game is still developing,

Smith

Banned
It was India who first cancelled the test series with Pakistan. I personally feel things should cool down more before any cricketing contact gets re established between the two nations. Good to see good fan base in India for Pakistan and it was quite visible during ICL.
Is it? I stand corrected then. Cricket is made a pawn in the bilateral **** slinging between the politicos of both nations.

Howsie

International Captain
Ross Taylor should be on more then 170k. I wouldn't mind getting a gig over there one day too.