• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs Pakistan in UAE

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
This is getting weirder by the minute first the Sheikh unveils the plaque to officially open the stadium. Then the national anthem of UAE is played as both the teams watch. Finally the teams leave as their respective national anthems are given a miss. Really weird!
:laugh:

pasag

RTDAS
Watson looked like the only Twenty20 standard bat in the side last night. He's far and away the best Twenty20 batsman in the country, IMO, at the moment, and would hate to lose him for the world championships.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
This game only re-affirms that James Hopes is a useless Twenty20 cricketer. Bowls some of the more hittable deliveries a medium pacer could serve up, 130km/h right in the slot is useful when the batsman are not attacking, but when the slog is on it is dispatched with too much ease.

His batting is terrible in this format; you can either waste an opening position on him and hope afew of his shots pierce the infield. Or you’re stuck with a batsman who can't hit the ball off the square and inevitably is dismissed by an average spin bowler.

I really rate Hopes as a OD player. But the performance last night, and his overall history in T20 suggests he can't play this game. I guarantee our foolish selectors will end up playing him every game of the WC.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Watson looked like the only Twenty20 standard bat in the side last night. He's far and away the best Twenty20 batsman in the country, IMO, at the moment, and would hate to lose him for the world championships.
I reckon Brad Hodge would argue that point.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This game only re-affirms that James Hopes is a useless Twenty20 cricketer. Bowls some of the more hittable deliveries a medium pacer could serve up, 130km/h right in the slot is useful when the batsman are not attacking, but when the slog is on it is dispatched with too much ease.

His batting is terrible in this format; you can either waste an opening position on him and hope afew of his shots pierce the infield. Or you’re stuck with a batsman who can't hit the ball off the square and inevitably is dismissed by an average spin bowler.

I really rate Hopes as a OD player. But the performance last night, and his overall history in T20 suggests he can't play this game. I guarantee our foolish selectors will end up playing him every game of the WC.
Yeah, couldn't agree more.

The fact that I'm actually starting to give serious thought into analysing how good a Twenty20 player someone is concerns me though, to be frank.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Honestly, why are you surprised? Seriously delighted the poor ****er lasted the 5 ODIs.
Not surprised, just frustrated cause I've never seen him play live and I have T20 WC tickets for an Australia match. Hope he makes it.