• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Peter McGlashan - Outshining Cricket's Brightest Stars - A Tough Act to Follow

James

Cricket Web Owner
Peter's third blog article he sent through this morning Australian time :)

[URL="http://www.cricketweb.net/blog/mcglashan/3.php"]Outshining Cricket's Brightest Stars - A Tough Act to Follow [/URL]
It's been a busy week for me including my ODI debut and being thrust into the media scrum that follows the Indian Cricket side. Thanks for your patience and I hope you enjoy this insight into my experiences.

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but again, please consider taking the time to submit a comment, it is always appreciated by all involved and as you would have noticed with the first couple of articles Peter reads and responds to people's comments.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Nice work.

Really like the photo he sent through which was attached to that article of his. That helmet of his is awesome I must say.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Comment by Peter posted on the article. He had this to say:

Get behind it guys :)

Hi all, Thanks again for your patience, has been manic week to say the least. Am really enjoying my writing and your feedback, so please, spread the word (and the link!!) to as many friends as possible who have an interest in cricket. Set up a feed so you don't miss out.
Now for your questions, it is a mask that is specifically designed for wicketkeepers by a wicketkeeper, yours truly.
In respect to ur question Quinners, one of crickets strengths is that there is room for all individuals. Not all Keepers are aggressive, however the perception of such a trait is understandable, and Gilly has a lot to do with the shift in expectation placed on a Keepers skillsets. It is comforting to know that if u fail u have another way of contributing to the team but only each individual can answer how it changes their approach.
Glad you are all enjoying my section, as mentioned I hope you make it a regular occurrence to pop in.
:-)

Comment by Peter McGlashan | 1:10pm gmt 12 Mar 2009